Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Flightbeam KPHX Airport with P3Dv4.4 Performance Question?

They look fine to me, at least in my pics, your's are another matter. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I posted my observation on the Flightbeam forum and this was a response I received from one of the FB staff members:

That is completely understandable. The v2 of Phoenix mainly was done to optimize some of its features like Dynamic Lighting, Flood Lamp Glow, and most important was having it added to our Flightbeam Manager and getting away from the FSDT Manager/Coutl.

When it was released we made sure we were very clear that v2 was NOT a redo of PHX by any means. PHX needs to be updated; but with current projects on the table it is not doable at the moment. PHX will get the love it deserves in due time just like all the rest of our airports. Only difference is LM P3D does updates at a constant rate with a TEAM of people while we are trying to do new scenery products, and keep the updates flowing with for the most part ONE scenery person. Big difference.

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, joepoway said:

I posted my observation on the Flightbeam forum and this was a response I received from one of the FB staff members:

That is completely understandable. The v2 of Phoenix mainly was done to optimize some of its features like Dynamic Lighting, Flood Lamp Glow, and most important was having it added to our Flightbeam Manager and getting away from the FSDT Manager/Coutl.

When it was released we made sure we were very clear that v2 was NOT a redo of PHX by any means. PHX needs to be updated; but with current projects on the table it is not doable at the moment. PHX will get the love it deserves in due time just like all the rest of our airports. Only difference is LM P3D does updates at a constant rate with a TEAM of people while we are trying to do new scenery products, and keep the updates flowing with for the most part ONE scenery person. Big difference.

Joe, have you tried clearing the shaders folder as newtie suggested..??

Might be worth a shot.

7 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Joe, have you tried clearing the shaders folder as newtie suggested..??

Might be worth a shot.

Oh yes I always make sure I do that when changes occur, but thanks for the suggestion. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling next.

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Oh yes I always make sure I do that when changes occur, but thanks for the suggestion. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling next.

Joe

OK Joe, well good luck, hope you get it straightened out.

22 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

Gotta love FB sceneries and then you look outside their product and ah yes the rolling green land of Arizona. I wish ORBX could come up with a fix for that. I have noticed only a small drop off of FPS after initial install of the client but after deleting shaders and CFG everything seems back to normal. 

Uo'd be surprised how much greenery is here😁

Capt. Robert Rixx

21 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I believe FB's new control panel interface has a troubleshooter section that will scan for conflicts, might want to use that to check for issues.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob but it doesn't have a repair function. I did an uninstall and re-install but no difference.

The one knob I was able to reduce and show a rather significant effect was the AG and Scenery Draw distance. If I reduce it one notch to Very High I'm OK but the increased draw distance seems to be only an issue around FB KPHX. I think FB placed a lot of surrounding Phoenix scenery in this airport that is not optimized and now with the new "Scenery Distance" added to this slider in v4.4 my old system can't handle it.

So my options are to use the Extremely High setting and live with frames less than 30 hence my micro stutters on my Vsync'd 30 Hz 4K TV monitor at this one airport add-on I use or pull back the slider one notch and all is well. I'm going to experiment more to see if pulling back the setting is noticeable regarding the benefits I am seeing with airport scenery not popping in late or disappearing when panning around in v4.4. BTW I also have deployed your suggestion on the Max_Texture_Request_Distance=320000 and added Enable_Memory_Optimization=0 since my 8Gb of memory is still fine with lots to spare.

Thanks

Joe

1 hour ago, FireRx said:

Not that green. I’ve been there and I know northern Arizona is very green. But in and around the airport, not so much 

wFDNFWI.jpg

Edited by Shylock_35

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX