Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Aerosoft CRJ

Is the Aerosoft CRJ any good? 

I know it wasn't very good on release but has Aerosoft made it better? 

Thanks!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It's pretty good now but it took a long time to get to where it is. One of the navigraph updates broke the fms but the last update fixed that.

I love it. An aircraft that constantly needs direct input from the pilot when on autopilot, unlike Airbus and Boeing, I think (as a simmer and not actual pilot) that Aerosoft did a great job with this one - even if it took longer than expected.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

I definitely enjoy it too. Looks good, flies well, more stable - nice for those shorter trips.

WW1294.png

I suffered from numerous crashes and LNAV issues; consequently, I have shelved this bird. It looks and flys great; yet, it lacks a polish feel. I’ll tell you, I can’t stand some of the high-end developers; they have raised the bar so high that I find it difficult to enjoy aircraft that fail to meet this bar. Still, having said that, I’d still recommend this aircraft.  The crashes seem to effect a small percentage of users; so, it’s likely you won’t encounter this issue. You can’t beat the price either; I’d go for it...

Matt King

Even I am on the fence.  Is this now near Majestic Q400 or PMDG level? I know they have have tons of updates on it.  So current users please share your experiences of the latest build?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, IMO? perhaps 80% or so of the Majestic or pmdg. Again, imo ,it's the best crj out there for relabilty and function. I despise comparing. Like comparing a beauty queen to the average person! We can't all be beautiful. 🙂

In my opinion it is not even near Majestic or PMDG. It also don't has the level of the TfDi B717.

But if you want an CRJ it is not a bad plane. But as @kingm56 said, it is hard to enjoy it after you flew those other planes. One thing what I don't like in particular is the sound, it is pretty dull. After all the updates it is working ok for me and for the occasional short hop it can be quite nice.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I suffered from numerous crashes and LNAV issues; consequently, I have shelved this bird. It looks and flys great; yet, it lacks a polish feel. I’ll tell you, I can’t stand some of the high-end developers; they have raised the bar so high that I find it difficult to enjoy aircraft that fail to meet this bar. Still, having said that, I’d still recommend this aircraft.  The crashes seem to effect a small percentage of users; so, it’s likely you won’t encounter this issue. You can’t beat the price either; I’d go for it...

Which other developer has developed the CRJ that has the bar so high?  

54 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

In my opinion it is not even near Majestic or PMDG. It also don't has the level of the TfDi B717.

But if you want an CRJ it is not a bad plane. But as @kingm56 said, it is hard to enjoy it after you flew those other planes. One thing what I don't like in particular is the sound, it is pretty dull. After all the updates it is working ok for me and for the occasional short hop it can be quite nice.

I had no idea Majestic, PMDG, and TiDi had developed the CRJ, too. Interesting.  

1 minute ago, joemiller said:

I had no idea Majestic, PMDG, and TiDi had developed the CRJ, too. Interesting.  

Can you read? Where did I say that. I referred to @Skywolf's question if it is on Majestic or PMDG level. Nobody talked about PMDG CRJ or Majestic CRJ.

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Can you read? Where did I say that. I referred to @Skywolf's question if it is on Majestic or PMDG level. Nobody talked about PMDG CRJ or Majestic CRJ.

Ahhhhh. sorry David. I misread. I thought those developers had already developed the CRJ, so it was time to compare them. Man, my reading is bad.  :ph34r:

:laugh: