Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Aerosoft CRJ

Unlike a lot of people, I thought the Aerosoft CRJ actually wasn't too bad right from the outset when it was released, much of the criticism was to do with two things, the first being that it had been promised for so long and suffered from so many release delays that it was starting to become a joke, and then when it was released, the developer was unavailable for a few days after, so some initial quick patches were a bit slow in coming. All of this combined to make plenty of people quite vocal about issues which were really rather minor in the grand scheme of things. Yes it had a few issues, but nothing which I thought was a deal breaker, nevertheless, it got a number of tweaks anyway and now it is a pretty good add-on aeroplane and worth having in your collection.

There is another CRJ for FSX/P3D, that being the Virtualcol one, which is definitely on the cheap and cheerful side, but on the plus side, you get the Series 200, 700, 900 and 1000 variants with a ton of different liveries for the bargain basement price of less than 20 quid, which works out at a fiver per variant. So if you just want a pretty decent lookalike and are not too bothered about full systems realism, then it's worth a look. Being that it is an unashamedly 'lite' simulation, it runs at blistering frame rates. There is one thing it has which the Aerosoft CRJ does not have, and that's an autothrottle; the real CRJ does not have one as standard, however you can find CRJs with autothrottles fitted as an after-market modification, so it's not unrealistic for it to feature one.

If you are 'prepared' to not use Prepared, and instead go for XPlane, there is a fantastic CRJ available for that by the way. Theoretically it is for XPlane 10, not 11, but I have got it working in v11, so if you really desperately want a pretty realistic CRJ and are not bothered about which sim platform it is in, this is another avenue for you to consider.

Having said all that, if you just want a regional airliner, and realism is you main criteria, then you can't get better than the Majestic Q400 because with the possible exception of the FSL A320, that Majestic bird is the best simulated airliner you can get for P3D.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was on the team for the documentation so I got to use the beta version of it while working on it. I still bought it afterwards since the patch updates weren't available anymore. 

Happy to pay for it and it's enjoyable. A welcome change from the Airbus/Boeing rut that we all get into. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It had a few glaring flaws upon release.
LNAV and WPT-sequencing was far from perfect.

Pressurization was also sketchy (has been improved ALOT in the latest betas)
Also add a number of 100% CTD scenarios and I can understand people were vocal in their critizism.

But the plane is really coming into its own with the latest builds and the future holds even more goodies. 

Is it PMDG / Majestic level? No. But that is certainly not preventing me from enjoying the CRJ.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Well, to be fair, it is now a great aircraft, but upon release it was a huge mess. I was surprised that Aerosoft released an addon in such a terrible shape. Over 6 years in the making, how did they get it so terrible? No idea.. But I doubt it was being worked on all those years.  I'm guessing it was standing and rushed in the last 7 months before release. Of course, just my guess.  But, I can assure you  Aerosoft learned the lesson, fixed it,  and I'm sure they will never ever release another unfinished/ terrible addon.  They fixed it and NOW it's a beautiful aircraft to fly ... One of the best out there.  

One thing they could (or should) fix is the sound.. It's is way too generic.Does not have a distinctive sound to the CRJ.,.. The sound is too light and pale.  

Hi Folks,

Hmm - sounds promising - haven't flown it in years - I'm only an occasional commercial flyer - maybe it's time to grab all the updates I missed and take another look...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, joemiller said:

One thing they could (or should) fix is the sound.. It's is way too generic.Does not have a distinctive sound to the CRJ.,.. The sound is too light and pale.  

You’d be surprised how quiet the engines are from a cockpit perspective. Having said that, I can understand the necessity of “louder” sounds to make the immersion of being there so much greater. 

2 minutes ago, alex86 said:

You’d be surprised how quiet the engines are from a cockpit perspective. Having said that, I can understand the necessity of “louder” sounds to make the immersion of being there so much greater. 

huh/?  No, not the sound from the cockpit... It's all sounds. 

14 minutes ago, joemiller said:

huh/?  No, not the sound from the cockpit... It's all sounds. 

Gotcha. My mistake if I misunderstood you

Thanks for the replies fellas. 

Say does it fly an RNAV approach pretty good in terms of steering ?

I hear it has an F/O as well...is it useful, I hate flying without FS2crew

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

17 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Say does it fly an RNAV approach pretty good in terms of steering 

RNAV approach with LNAV and V/S along with LNAV minimas.
This is off course not the same as RNAV RNP approach.

(btw it comes with ILS CAT IIIA certification though)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The bugs are all gone. It is a very good CRJ simulation. You are not going to get another CRJ from anyone, period. I love it for the short flights and the constant attention you need to give it. Buy it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! as soon as you can get more than 17fps out of it it is really good. The physics are good, detail is excellent and if you're like me, a guy who doesn't have much time and can't run the big airports well, it fits perfectly. And it's very easy to grease (butter landings guaranteed) . The only "bug" that's remaining i think is the trim button on the yoke(is stuck when you scroll on it). But you can avoid that by just using numpad 7 & 1 without numlock. I've enjoyed it a lot and in fact it was my very first addon-plane for v4. 

at 40 bucks i wouldn't call it expensive. 

7 hours ago, ShezA said:

The bugs are all gone. It is a very good CRJ simulation. You are not going to get another CRJ from anyone, period. I love it for the short flights and the constant attention you need to give it. Buy it.

Really! You must be using a version not released to the general public. The one the Deputies use??

There's a whole Aerosoft forum, and the developer himself, that disagree with your statement. I, myself, have been using version 1.2.2.3 which is "experimental." Various bugs are always being fixed "in the next version."

I'll agree that the Digital Aviation CRJ is a good simulation, but from where it started, a year and a half ago, it had nowhere to go but up. Virtualcol, Perfect Flight and Feelthere also released payware CRJs.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Does this airplane support Missed Approaches? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

23 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does this airplane support Missed Approaches? 

What do you mean? The fact you can get out of ils and follow go around proc? then yes.