I already own a T.Flight HOTAS-X and CH USB Yoke I use for both GA and regional airliners in P3D. I'm looking to pick up some rudder pedals second hand (I'm on a budget)! I may also want to use them for some occasional driving sims. Oh also I sit on a swivel chair on a wood laminate floor, is that going to present an issue?

I wondered if anyone could recommend me some and comment on both usability and reliability, I'm aware of the following and would appreciate the thoughts of anyone who has experience of them:

• CH Pro pedals - some people apparently find these too close together? They come with a rudder lockout so I could use them in driving games, which would be handy. Apparently quite tough providing they're annually cleaned out and crimp connections kept tight, although pots do wear out eventually.
  • Saitek Pro - these have adjustable tension and pedal length, but do I need that? I get the impression they're a bit fragile.
  • Saitek Cessna
  • Saitek Combat
  • Thrustmaster T.Flight pedals - I think these must be new out as they're still quite expensive on Fleabay?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I agree with markmasterson ref Thrustmaster. Plus uncomfortably close together. Nut crackers.

• Like 1

Vic green

Been using Saitek Pro for a few years now.  Very smooth operation.  I did have one problem though and that was one of the connecting wires inside did break off, it was easily re soldered and no problem since.

Could recommend them used in conjunction with FSUIPC for calibration

Bob Palmer

• Like 1

Bob Palmer

Saitek "Pro" pedals are cheap and cheerful but work well enough. They're not at all fragile, mine lasted for eight years or so before I retired them. There is a centre detent, for which you can google a modification if it bothers you. The tension adjustment has barely any detectable effect. The foot length adjustment is probably only useful if you have really big feet.

MFG Crosswind pedals are of a similar design but much better, with many more adjustment options, higher resolution and longer life due to the magnetic sensors. But they cost a lot more :)  Word is the Virtual Fly RUDDO pedals are the best of all, but the price will make your eyes water.

Edited by MarkDH
  • Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I've used CH pedals for at least 20 years and for the value, I recommend them. I just replaced my old set with new and am very happy with the new CH pedals as well.

The bonus as you stated is that you can lock them and use them for some driving games too.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

You will be good with Crosswinds with a laminated floor and roller on your chair. The movement is easy. You will have to find a way to attache them. I use a piece of plywood. They cost about $350 but will last a lifetime. I like to get VFRuddos but there like $1200 so the crosswinds are a good compromise.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thanks for your input everyone, I'm going to start eBay bidding on some CH pedals

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I like the Saitek combat pedals, but I haven’t used any other brand, so I don’t really know how they compare.  I used pedals on carpet with a rolling chair and really did not like the interaction of both as I applied pressure to the pedals.  Either the pedals would move around, or the chair, or both.  I’ve since permanently mounted both to the floor of my sim cockpit.  Much better.

I really like the CL rudder pedals from PFC. 😎

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 12/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, markmasterson said:

The thrustmaster pedals are not that good.  Not smooth.  In my opinion. 

I'm guessing you're referring to the pedals that have been out for a while and not the new Thrustmaster TPR ones. Not cheap but a friend who is a 747 pilot was so impressed he felt they were the closest thing to real world ones.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tpr-thrustmaster-pendular-rudder

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Pretty interesting Pedals ( Thrustmaster Pendular) but $500.00 seems like it would put them in a "build your own cockpit" category.

However, if someone is interested in what looks like the most robust pedals in the industry, then these would fit the bill.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Rick, having tried them I can vouch for their excellence. I thought my CH Pro Pedals do a decent job and for the price they do but once you’ve tried the TPRs you realise just how much better they are.

Yes they are pricey but less than half the price of a 2080 Ti and will probably last you far longer!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, markmasterson said:

You are right.  I was talking about the Cheap ones not the ones sold for 500.00 ouch

I wish my CLs had been $500.00. 🤣

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam