Sign in to follow this  
eslader

I think I messed something up. ILS approaches not offered.

I ran the world navaids package and ILS/Rwy regional updates available here:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I didn't notice anything at first, but I suspect that's because I just happened to fly into airports that still worked. But most airports that I've flown into have put me on the visual approach despite being on an IFR flight plan, and even when I'm landing in bad visibility (stock ATC). Choosing another approach only gives other visual approaches, no ILS ones.

Thing is, I looked around before I ran these updates and didn't see any complaints. And I do like that the runway headings have been corrected from their 2005 versions. So, what do you guys think? Did this update screw up my ILS approaches, and is there a way to get them back without reverting to the incorrect 2005 data?

If it helps, I also have Orbx FTX Global Base, Vector, Open LC NA, Open LC Mesh South America, and Global Airport Pack, but I've been running those for a pretty long time and this problem is much more recent.

I saw this exact thing happening a few months ago and had to reinstall the original nav data files. Iirc, it was North America only that was affected? I also looked around for other cases of this but found nothing. <shrug>  So I carry on with the originals. 

Cheers,

Greg G     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

So far I've only seen it at NA airports, but I rarely fly outside of the US/Canada. I suppose I'll revert and see if the problem goes away, then slowly add back until I find what screwed things up. I was really hoping to get away from the incorrect course headings, though. That gets frustrating when your flight planner and FMS are looking at newer data.

Any idea if I reinstall the P3D client, will it reset to original?

Mario Di Lauro

15 hours ago, tamsini said:

Any idea if I reinstall the P3D client, will it reset to original?

I guess you have to reinstall at least "content" . But the navaid installer from aero.sors.fr has an option to go back to default data also.

You can also use fsaerodata together with navigraph to keep your database up to date. It also adds sids and stars. So you can use them with the default GPS too. 

For ATC it says: " Air Traffic Control (ATC): Selection and aircraft vectoring of final approaches based on updated database."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeypee said:

You can also use fsaerodata together with navigraph to keep your database up to date. It also adds sids and stars. So you can use them with the default GPS too. 

Thanks, JP. This saved me lots of potential headaches.

Mario Di Lauro

Well that worked for me. ILS approaches are back!

I'm guessing it's not necessary to keep p3d religiously up to date with fsaerodata right? i.e., I can cancel after the 3 month subscription runs out and be mostly OK for a pretty long time?

Glad to hear it worked for you 🙂 

10 hours ago, eslader said:

Well that worked for me. ILS approaches are back!I'm guessing it's not necessary to keep p3d religiously up to date with fsaerodata right? i.e., I can cancel after the 3 month subscription runs out and be mostly OK for a pretty long time?

During the startup process the fsaerodata updater checks your subscription-status i guess. So it shouldnt be possible to install a saved cycle. But i havent tried it yet so far. Perhaps anyone did?

But there should be another way to use the updated navdata as long as you wish. Fsaerodata injects the navdata via scenery files (.BGL Files). There are 3 entries in the scenery library: FSAD_Approaches1, FSAD_Approaches, FSAD_Navaids  . Save the folders and add the entries manually to your library, if you need to. This should give you a snapshot of the airac cycle you created while your subsription.

It offers you also the option to place the fsaerodata entries above payware scenery to keep their navdata up to date.

Edited by jeypee