Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

[Relsolved] FAIB models don't light up

I must be doing something wrong. I installed the latest package in P3D V4.4 as per contained instructions. My UTLive models all light up great, but my FAIB models are staying dark. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

9 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

I must be doing something wrong. I installed the latest package in P3D V4.4 as per contained instructions. My UTLive models all light up great, but my FAIB models are staying dark. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi there,

Can you tell me which FAIB models? Some of the older models don't have beacons, others don't have navs, were others need specific changes inside their Aircraft.cfg to enable the navigation lights, beacons, etc. this is normally specified inside the models readme.txt file.

So it really depends of which models are giving you trouble, if you give me specifics I will try my best to find solutions for you.

All the best,

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol, these are the latest A320 and 737-800 models from FAIB, just recently downloaded. I will go check the aircraft cfg files to make sure the correct info is there. I have them installed outside P3D via the XML method. They do appear.

Lee H

56 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Thanks Simbol, these are the latest A320 and 737-800 models from FAIB, just recently downloaded. I will go check the aircraft cfg files to make sure the correct info is there. I have them installed outside P3D via the XML method. They do appear.

Ok I am away from my PC at the moment, but unless they have changed the models recently they should work.

Send me the content of their Aircraft.cfg file via email at support@fsreborn.com so as soon as I get home I can confirm they are configured correctly to work with the freeware.

Another possibility is something causing an effect conflict, I know the freeware works fine with FLAI as long as you disable the FLAI effects and FLAI is using the FAIB models.

Regards 

Simbol 

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok I am away from my PC at the moment, but unless they have changed the models recently they should work.

Send me the content of their Aircraft.cfg file via email at support@fsreborn.com so as soon as I get home I can confirm they are configured correctly to work with the freeware.

Another possibility is something causing an effect conflict, I know the freeware works fine with FLAI as long as you disable the FLAI effects and FLAI is using the FAIB models.

Regards 

Simbol 

Okay, based on your thought about the cfg, I figured it out, I had to uncomment certain lines in the FAIB A320 aircraft cfg for lights to appear always on. Now it's working.

• Upvote 1

Lee H

The instructions are built in to the A320 cfg. They are not there in the 737-800 but, maybe a newer version is coming.

Lee H

46 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

The instructions are built in to the A320 cfg. They are not there in the 737-800 but, maybe a newer version is coming.

But you managed to get it working? I know they all work 😉

Regards 

Simbol 

I would like to jump in here, as with v4.4, somehow my AI taxi and landing lights for the FAIB planes went missing. What cfg lines need to be uncommented? I installed also some FLAi planes, what effects are problematic? Looks strange to see the FAIB Busses with the nice FS Reborn strobe and beacons but without taxi lights and being dark otherwise...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you look down at the fuel section of the aircraft configuration, FAIB has some instructions about comment lines to remove to show lights. Not all models have this, I think the newer ones do.

• Like 1

Lee H

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

I would like to jump in here, as with v4.4, somehow my AI taxi and landing lights for the FAIB planes went missing. What cfg lines need to be uncommented? I installed also some FLAi planes, what effects are problematic? Looks strange to see the FAIB Busses with the nice FS Reborn strobe and beacons but without taxi lights and being dark otherwise...

Hi Chris,

As Lee is advising, check the fuel tank selectors configuration and the readme documentation for the relevant models with problems as these requires some tweaking to make their lights to work as standard, some of the models comes with the lights sections commented.

I think FLAI is delivering the models without the required settings causing the issue, please be also aware that FLAI is delivering some effects with their add-on.xml method which will cause a conflict with the freeware, I am in contact with FLAI developers and we are working together to avoid these conflicts in the future by detecting the presence of my freeware and future payware, in the meantime please be sure to follow these steps to remove any conflicts:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534383-bvai-flai-and-ai-lights-reborn-free-edition/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Simbol

That's perfect, thanks for the heads up. I only use FLAI as a complementation, not really including the planes and I was not aware that an add-on.xml for FLAI was present. Removed the FLAI add-on.xml completely and effects are back to normal.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS