Sign in to follow this  
AKflightsimmer

X-Plane 11, Stock C130 Cockpit Missing Problems

OK, I have looked everywhere but cant find any answers to this so here goes.

Im hoping that someone with a lot more experience in X-plane that myself can help me with the stock C130 airplane that comes in x-plane 11. . When I choose it in x plane 11 to fly, it looks great from the outside sitting on the tarmac, but once I go into the cockpit it initially has what appears to be a 2d cockpit. But when I view outside the plane again, and then go back inside, the 2d cockpit is no longer there. This has happened multiple times.  I have nothing,. I can see right to the ground.  I found a 3d cockpit to download and install but no matter what I do,( I followed the directions for install,)  with the files I cant get a usable cockpit inside  the C130. Has anyone else had this problem. and if so, how did you fix it so that you could actually fly the C130 from inside the airplane.  I can fly the plane from a trailing view and cycle the map view to see my speed, but this is kind of a stupid way to fly.  Does anyone know is this problem fixable or should I just delete the plane, and  buy a C130 online from somewhere else  that has everything ready to fly. Why would x plane have installed one already in the program if it won't operate properly. What a pain.   This has to be fixable, I just cant seem to figure it out. Any help from you guys would sure be appreciated.  Thanks   

Everything in the "Extra Aircraft" folder of XP11 like the C-130 are models from older versions, not designed to work perfectly in XP11. It's just legacy stuff for anyone who wants to mess with it. Many of not most will lack 3D cockpits. Some of them like the Stinson L-5 are still flyable, last time I checked.

You could delete the "Extra Aircraft" folder with no impact on the rest of the sim. I usually keep it around with each new version, in case I want to mess with something like the X-15. If you have a strong interest in any of these models, you could try looking in the .org file database to see if anyone has tried updating them. I think maybe the X-15 was partially updated, not sure about the others.

As for why Laminar keeps that folder in the distribution... it may not be good conventional marketing because it can confuse newcomers to the sim, but I think it's just a nod to the community, who may want to try keeping some of these models going. 

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Rodger That Paraffin, I think I will go in and clean up my x-plane install then.  I appreciate your input. I will go ahead and purchase a C-130 from the org store. There are a couple available. I wish I had the knowledge to go in and do the coding and such to make it work, but a guy cant know how to do everything. I will leave the programing to the programmers and coders, and I will just have to purchase their airplanes. That Ok, we all have skills in different fields.  thanks again.   I'm going on over to the . org store and see what I can buy, LOL    😉

Cool! Always glad to help a fellow simmer spend some money. 😊

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yep, I moved up a little bigger LOL  I bought the Virtavia_C17GlobemasterIII ,  I'll give here a try tomorrow when the sun comes up.....

Unfortunately, the Globemaster by Virtavia is an XP10 aircraft, which has been abandoned by Virtavia, which means that there won´t be any updates. It´s pretty cheeky that it is still being sold. I bought her too 😞

Maybe you can get a refund if you hurry.

Is your default cockpit view set to 3D cockpit? If so you should get in the cockpit by pressing "w".

I did also download the 3D cockpit for the c130 and it works without problems.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/39139-c-130-3d-cockpit/

There is also a 3D cockpit for  the KC-10:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47905-kc-10-3d-cockpit/

Hope this helps

Edited by jt8d9a

Hello JT, thanks for the information. I have just started up the C-17 in X-plane 11 and it seems everything is ok so far. I can cycle between all outside views and back into the 3D cockpit without any trouble. I just setup my quick view keys on the keyboard so Im just about ready to have a go out of KSEA Seattle and fly around Mt Rainier pretty soon. Just familiarizing myself with the cockpit. LOL  Is there any way I could talk you into explaining just how you got the 3D cockpit to work in the stock C-130. I cant see to put the files into the correct directories or something. Ive moved them around per the instructions that came with the 3D cockpit but I am just missing something somewhere. Bummer,☹️ cause I really wanted to use the C-130.  Thanks Again

here is a thread about the C17 and XP11: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/116497-x-plane-11/

There you can find a manual to update the C17 for XP11: https://forums.x-plane.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=278405

For the c130... simply copy the new files and overwrite the files of the default c130. If you want to update XP11, you will be asked if you want to keep the files.

Thanks for the quick reply JT! Im still sitting on the runway just listening to this monster of an airplane and checking out the panels and the cockpit controls. Wow, lots to learn on this big airplane.LOL  I will defiantly check out your links. Thanks Again!!