Sign in to follow this  
fzecchin

GTN 750 in VR (resolved)

20 minutes ago, Celis said:

But I didn't try the grab mode. I can do a test it in couple of hours and report back.

I'm looking forward your findings and hope this will work!

Besides, they say: "This mirrors the way the built-in ATC window works right now."

Can you please let me know how this works with the built-in ATC window to compare? Can you 'grab' it by the window title only or also anywhere in the window?

One possible reason you might not grab the GTN window is because it would be a 'decoration-less' window, whereas in all their examples they use a window with an X-Plane decoration around it. Unfortunately there is no way to change the look and feel of the window once created (as it appear from the SDK), but if this is the only reason this is not working, this shouldn't be a problem then for us to change the code to either 'decorated+VR' or 'undecorated+popup'.

Just let me know, there might not be much to change in our plugin in the end!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Results.

The only way to move the vr windows is by the decoration bar (top bar), ATC can be moved no problem. not all around like the xpad. the xpad can be move if it's touched anywhere. 

Couldn't move the GTN around, no way to grab it.

hope that helps. if you want some more testing, I'll be glad to help.

Alex

Great, we are making good progress. I'll see how the best we can make a title bar then in VR, and no title bar if no VR.

Thank you for your help with this one!

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I fly vr exclusively, first in flyinside, and now native. I was about to buy but disappointed to read the 750 can’t be interacted with in the 3D cockpit properly, especially in the carenado pc12 which support the 750 in the panel.

A 750 popout  that could be repositioned and fully interacted with in vr would be fantastic :-)

2 hours ago, wsanders75 said:

A 750 popout  that could be repositioned and fully interacted with in vr would be fantastic :-)

Which is exactly what we are working on!

That's great to hear. I bought it this morning fully expecting it to work in VR just like it works beautifully in a regular virtual cockpit, but no joy. Popping up the window just blocks my view and it's too big to actually fit in my field of vision anyway. 

It's a shame that I'm running into issues, as I really enjoy using another GTN 750 in FSX with Flyinside, which is what got me to buy this one for X-Plane. Here's hoping for a quick update.

Edited by RXP

@bjornkeizers I hear you. Please understand XPlane VR is still a beta version for now and support for VR popup Windows in their SDK has just been added a few days ago only!

Oh that's quite OK, the tech is relatively new - working with Oculus Rift in combination with a X-Plane beta, running through Steam, while installing RXP 750 on a JustFlight Turbo Package... there's bound to be issues. Heck, I'm surprised it's working as it is.

The FSX VR stuff has been around a while longer, but XP is rapidly catching up to most capabilities.

I also fly only in X-Plane native VR+Pilotedge and own a 750license. If you need any test or beta testing, let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you for your efforts working on this.

Hi Jean-Claude,

I have also just bought the Reality XP GTN750 for the sole purpose of using it in VR. I'm having the same issues as ryuijin and would be delighted to help out to see if this can be cracked. In fact a fully functional GTN750 in VR is a "holy grail" of sorts in terms of functionality and usefulness for a multitude of uses - IFR and VFR! Best regards - Eivind

I can’t wait to try this too. I uninstalled until then. Is there an available beta yet?

We're kind of crowded with the tests right now, but I thank you for your offer to help.

Not long to wait though, next update is planned for release tomorrow!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, fzecchin said:

Hi,

I'm using the GTN 750 (version 2.4.14.0) with X-Plane 11.20 VR6 and I have a problem : I cannot click on the buttons of the touch screen in VR (with Oculus Rift) with the mouse cursor (or with the Oculus Touch controllers).

If I remove the VR headset and move it to see the GTN in the field of view (on the 2D monitor) and the use the 2D mouse cursor to click on one of the buttons, it works. Also, if I use the same instance of X-Plane without the VR gear, it works too.

I also own the GNS 530 and have no problem with this one in VR : as it is controlled through buttons, and not touch screen, it works.

I was able to use the GTN 750 before in VR, but I can't remember the changes I made between then and now.

Any ideas ?

Franck

I too have the same problem and did some checking. I still have Flyinside but haven't used it since the 11.20 update but like you I couldn't click the GTN panel in VR but when I ran XPlane with Flyinside I was able to click the GTN  in VR with the new update for Xplane so I am just as confused as you are.