Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08DEC18] Update Update. Yes, that sounds redundant.

Captains,

Just a quick drive-by to let you know that we are *still* working on the pending update for the 747 product line.

We have a few items that we are testing that haven't passed our own internal "sniff test" that tells us that they are ready for public consumption.  For the most part the product is stable, but we have a few nagging items that we want to finish testing thoroughly before we push them out as public releases, because they are considered to be "high risk" changes.

It is taking more time than normal- but it is turning out to be time well spent.

One of the things that is a constant source of frustration (and, to be honest- a monumental waste of development time) is when our beta testers report CTDs that we suspect from experience are caused by a particular scenery or function-modifying add-on like FSUIPC- but we don't have specific proof when it happens on a customer or beta tester machine.

During one of our twice-weekly calls, Chris Powell suggested that we might be able to leverage some of the diagnostic capabilities of Windows to narrow down our response to these sorts of reports in order to prove it was *our* application causing the issue (and thus, fix it) or some other application.

We are currently testing this capability- and to date it is proving to be quite handy. 

We think it needs a bit more time so that we can be sure we are getting data that is valuable- and we are taking our time in working through all of it.

The good news is that this is helping us to make the product more stable over all- and that ultimately is the point of the exercise!

We have a TON of fixes coming for you (actually, a MFT of fixes if you know what that is :ph34r:) and some new features that you aren't expecting- so give us a bit more of your patience and we will have this out to you just as soon as possible.

We are being a bit overly-cautious here, in all likelihood- but there really is nothing worse than giving you an update that breaks something...

• Like 24
  • Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

17 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

and some new features that you aren't expecting

I am dying here🤯!!

• Like 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Captain Randazzo 😄 where is our candy ( new feature hints ) before the update rolls out? 😄😄 😄 

<kidding>

Best Regards

Robert its better to be overly cautious than bring it out half baked and then there’s more problems.You and your team are absolutely right not to bring it out early nice move and best of luck.😊

Regards.

• Upvote 1

Zdenek  Cebis

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

our own internal "sniff test" 

You guys are quality junkies... please, never get clean xD

• Like 2

Take your time, Captain! 

Anyway I just prepar3 my new machine for FSX and prepar3d...

My boss tells me 'actually you have to wait until XMas...!'

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Just now, 19AB67 said:

boss

= wife?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Just now, 30K said:

wife?

Yes, my life sentence, 

however, in English it sounds worse than in German, short: "Ich habe lebenslänglich..."

LOL

P.S. My 500th post here... (nothing against Kyle...) 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

8 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

Yes, my life sentence, 

however, in English it sounds worse than in German, short: "Ich habe lebenslänglich..."

LOL

P.S. My 500th post here... (nothing against Kyle...) 

Du weißt ja... errare humanum est...;P 

Thanks for the update, Robert!

Any chance you can elaborate just a bit on what Chris Powell's Windows Diagnostic capabilities are?  Many of us flightsim enthusiasts could always use an extra Windows tool or troubleshooting method.  Perhaps just a URL or Google phrase to read-up on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Patience is a virtue that we acquire with life time. I cultivate this for six decades.
Success in these and other endeavors that are about to arrive Commander Robert. This year ends soon and the next for sure.

Baptista

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Good news still flying the 747-400 so no problem when it`s ready.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Not sure why you do not lock your announcements.  I see all the replies and am always hopeful that they contain some important bit of information.  Like this one, they do not.

• Upvote 1

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077