Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08DEC18] Update Update. Yes, that sounds redundant.

Never going to happen in this century.

Confirmed in development is:

• The NG3 (if MAX we do not know but most likely)
  • Global Flight Ops
  • Operations center V2
  • The upkeep of the 747 and 777

So no there won't be coming a new plane or anything for at least the release of the NG3 or whatever comes first, which will take quite some time.

Edited by 30K
  • Like 5

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

On 12/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, Ephedrin said:

The 737 NG3

edit: most likely.

Maybe PMDG are just holding back to incorporate the rumoured MCAS software update before releasing their MAX😎

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi, how is the test going? Still long?

Thanks.

• Like 1

James Goggi

Hi Robert,

I rarely post in these update threads but I wanted to interject here that I have Prepar3D version 4.3 with the latest version of the NGX along with FSUIPC. I fly the NGX often and many times multiple legs without ever shutting down the sim and I have not had a CTD in a very long time. And, the only CTDs I've ever had were caused by AI models that were old and not compatible with Prepar3D. As soon as I remove those, no CTDs at all. Just thought you should know.

Dave

Dave Paige

I'm just curious of how the PBR is coming along, if it's coming along. Either way I'm ready for any updates that in store for these beauties! 

• Like 1

I would be pleasantly surprised to see this update now before the new year.

Its been almost a month since " likely push this on Friday this week, but I am less confident in this schedule at the moment- so most likely it is looking like early next week instead". A new patch just before Christmas Holidays?

Probably unlikely now. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really hope for a PBR update on all the models so that we need not use tomato shade.. That should help in wing textures loading faster as you pan between vc and wing views.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Gents,

It seems that a number of you are chomping at the bit to get PBR, but I will point out that a lot of people seem to be overlooking how difficult it really is to do well (granted, this isn't anyone's fault if they aren't a painter, but if I don't do a job, my default position is that it's harder than it looks). The model needs to be changed (if I recall correctly), and then the PBR additions to the livery are something to the effect of 5 layers deep. This isn't a click on a button of "re-render for PBR." This is intense work.

I know some devs have already shown progress screenshots of their work, but do keep in mind: the 744 base itself is the 400, 400D, 400M, 400BCF, 400F, 400ER, 400ERF - and for most of those, three different engine types. Granted, I have a feeling that bits and pieces can be carried over (not a modeler/painter, so, large grains of salt here) to save some work, model-to-model, but whereas some devs have a model or two to update within a product, we have quite a few.

Also...side note...anyone want to come up with a new name for it? Every time I see PBR, I think of cheap beer...

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Every time I see PBR, I think of cheap beer...

Hey, I got through high school with that cheap beer.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Also...side note...anyone want to come up with a new name for it? Every time I see PBR, I think of cheap beer...

For your consideration, I offer

T I T (Tangible Impeccable Texturing).

PMDG is leading the simulation industry  in their T I T development. With a little bit of patience, the whole community will soon get to enjoy a nice set of 

T I T Sampling.  No more “fake” renderings.  With real T I T Sampling, you won’t believe how real it feels the next time you fire up your tube liner!

PS  I apologize. I’m an word not allowed. I think I had too much PBR (beer)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

33 minutes ago, rcoultas said:

For your consideration, I offer

T I T (Tangible Impeccable Texturing).

PMDG is leading the simulation industry  in their T I T development. With a little bit of patience, the whole community will soon get to enjoy a nice set of 

T I T Sampling.  No more “fake” renderings.  With real T I T Sampling, you won’t believe how real it feels the next time you fire up your tube liner!

PS  I apologize. I’m an word not allowed. I think I had too much PBR (beer)

Okay. This wins today. I'm dead...thanks for that...

Also...fun fact: one of the sources I used had abbreviations in the notes that used "t i t" instead of "title(d)," so it was a bit odd when it was referring to small titles on one airframe.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

48 minutes ago, downscc said:

Hey, I got through high school with that cheap beer.

haha

Kyle Rodgers

Pretty sure TIT is an industry acronym.  Used for VOR navigation.  "Tune, identify, twist".  Anyone else come across this one during their flight training?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJ1 said:

Pretty sure TIT is an industry acronym.  Used for VOR navigation.  "Tune, identify, twist".  Anyone else come across this one during their flight training?

I did, for sure.

Kyle Rodgers