Sign in to follow this  
Bruce66

Time for me to say hello

Hi I am Bruce66

I have been flight simming in various platforms for many years from back in the day when we were dealing with wire frame and tiny little joysticks if you were lucky enough to have one at all.

I have browsed this site many times and thought it was about time I joined in.

I now fly FSX SE almost exclusively and Am exclusively an offline virtual pilot. I am using what most people would likely consider obsolete computer equipment except for my Thrustmaster  Warthog flight controller and Siatek pedals. But I make it work and enjoy the flight sim experience.

I look forward to delving deeper into this site and meeting some of you on the forums.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums, Bruce:happy:  Sit down, buckle up, and hang on.  We hope you have a pleasant flight!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

And a here's a huge "hello" to you, Bruce, and I raise you a "welcome aboard".

Mario Di Lauro

Welcome! Recommend you go to your profile page and fill in some background about yourself.  Helps make connections.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Welcome to Avsim 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, Bruce66 said:

Hi I am Bruce66

I have been flight simming in various platforms for many years from back in the day when we were dealing with wire frame and tiny little joysticks if you were lucky enough to have one at all.

I have browsed this site many times and thought it was about time I joined in.

I now fly FSX SE almost exclusively and Am exclusively an offline virtual pilot. I am using what most people would likely consider obsolete computer equipment except for my Thrustmaster  Warthog flight controller and Siatek pedals. But I make it work and enjoy the flight sim experience.

I look forward to delving deeper into this site and meeting some of you on the forums.

Welcome to AVSIM my friend.  I got my start in flight sim about 36 years ago... I remember those days all too well!

Get ready to be told (ordered... lol) to move to P3D, and then when you explain your system won't handle it then you'll be told to upgrade it.  After you do that, people will insist you have brain damage if you don't move to X-Plane, but they usually wait until you have about 500 million dollars of scenery for P3D.

We're not opinionated here... at all!  LOL!!!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the warning Dave.

Good think I'm half mule and the other half slug. I change slow and then try not to move at all!

But the only way I could upgrade would be if i won the lottery anyway so not a worry.

I find age plays in the favour of the outdated anyway - my eyes think my old scenery looks crystal clear!

• Like 1