Sign in to follow this  
malct

FSX Gold Edition Acceleration product key

Hi, I have been having issues with my FSX which i have installed on a new pc, I have now been trying to get this working for months with no joy and at the moment the FSX is crashing all the time with a message saying that a unknown error and will report the information, Or something along those lines.

Due to loosing the fsx acceleration activation code from the case, I was unable to install acceleration disc and installed the SP2 update and which has made no difference. 

Is iot possible to locate the fsx acceleration activation code in the fsx program on my old PC in order to write down the code and use it on my new PC.

Also could there be something else thats causing my FSX to crash, I have un-ticked all the add-ons on FSX just to see if it was a add on at fault 

I have also installed UlAutomationCore Just in case it was that. 

Thank you for any help, I have been looking for cracks on the web, but there is a chance of downloading a virus.

Just looking at the product activation code on my case.  You must have scraped pretty hard to make it come off:blink:

Have you looked in your computer's Events Viewer for an error associated with FSX.  It would be a faulting module.

You may want to go through the AVSIM CTD guide for help.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, install hassle-free FSX-Steam for the price of a good burger...  (I did it three years ago with very few problems).

• Like 1

how will my add-ons be effected if i go to fsx stream.  I have lots of addons

a lot of my airport addons include all the large UK airports, plus Sapang, Bangkok, Dubai , Doha, UT Live, so i would need to be able to transfer those over.

Plus i have the QW 757

Okay... hold on....

As you know, FSX Gold is only a marketing package not a product.  It contains FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration.  SP2 only apply to FSX and FSX Deluxe, Acceleration has the Service Pack built in, but by installing SP2 after Acceleration you have more or less messed up the install.

I agree with the above poster... just get FSX Steam.  Very easy to install, and it is the most updated version of FSX, in fact it's Acceleration only with a few fantastic upgrades that will increase your performance.

You can usually pick it up on Steam for $5.

Now, you'll want to uninstall and then manually remove all the current FSX folders before installing FSX Steam.

You'll be VERY happy that you made this change!

Best wishes my friend!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

FSX-Steam will currently run most freeware and payware add-ons...  Plus, you can fly on-line with Steam, or go off-line as well, your choice.

Thank you so much for your help.

Just to be clear

I have to uninstall FSX Gold

Purchaser the stream edition and then i will need to learn how to transfer the Add-ons to Stream.  

Regards FSX Stream, Its £20 uk Pounds unless someone knows how to get it cheaper 

Edited by malct
Adding more text

13 minutes ago, malct said:

Purchaser the stream edition and then i will need to learn how to transfer the Add-ons to Stream.  

You would normally just install your Add-ons  just like you did with FSX Gold.  I would visit the sites you purchased your add-ons and download the latest installers. Most developers have updated their installers by now, to automatically recognize FSX steam addition on your computer.  If not, the installer might ask you where your FSX is installed on your PC. Just redirect it to where the steam addition FSX is located, and it should continue to install. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Looks like i will be busy tomorrow

Maybe easier just to delete everything and do new installs 

1 hour ago, malct said:

I have to uninstall FSX Gold

Actually, you can't uninstall "FSX Gold" is not a flight sim product, it's a marketing package that contains 2 products, FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration.  In your case, just uninstall FSX and there is likely an uninstaller for SP2 as in your Control Panel/Programs as well.  Then you need to go to where FSX was installed and manually delete any folders and files left over from the uninstall (they will be there).  Then you can reboot, and install FSX Steam.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, malct said:

Looks like i will be busy tomorrow

Maybe easier just to delete everything and do new installs 

That is never a bad idea.  Regarding Scenery Installs, I would just wait until you decide to fly to payware airports and then install them as you need to.  This cuts way down on the reinstall process.

Best wishes my friend!

Dave Hodges