Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

TrackIR and X-camera

I tried TrackIR a couple of times in the past, yet never seemed able to get used to it.

For some reason (probably because I just needed a new toy to play with), I decided to give it a try ... again ... and just take my time adapting, particularly because I have really gotten into flying DreamFoils Bell helicopter.

Wow,  I'll never go back. And then someone suggested adding X-Camera to the setup and wow (that's a double wow), what a great combination.

Now let's see ... that's three product endorsements in the post (the fourth would be the implied rave for the X-Plane platform). I suppose I should include the disclaimer that I have no financial interest in any ot them. I post this simply because they really make flying fun.

And so it goes.

John in Indiana

X-Camera and TrackIR has been a good combination for me as well!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, jtwhite said:

I tried TrackIR a couple of times in the past, yet never seemed able to get used to it.

For some reason (probably because I just needed a new toy to play with), I decided to give it a try ... again ... and just take my time adapting, particularly because I have really gotten into flying DreamFoils Bell helicopter.

Wow,  I'll never go back. And then someone suggested adding X-Camera to the setup and wow (that's a double wow), what a great combination.

Now let's see ... that's three product endorsements in the post (the fourth would be the implied rave for the X-Plane platform). I suppose I should include the disclaimer that I have no financial interest in any ot them. I post this simply because they really make flying fun.

And so it goes.

John in Indiana

I will second that endorsement for X-Camera and TrackIR. I recently downloaded the free copy of X-Camera, but I had trouble getting TrackIR to work with it.

I contacted X-Camera's developer and he set up a time to call, stream into my PC, and let me know what caused the issue (user error on my end). His quick response, patience, and willingness to get to the bottom of the issue was something that I had not experienced before when dealing with DEVs for flight sim addons. Needless to say, I purchased the license after we ended the call.

Edited by FlyBaby

The only developer I've had contact with are the guys at FSWidgets ... and the same could be said for them. They were able (all the way from Australia, I  might add) to interact with me and my tablet (which I thought kind of spooky, LOL) and to fix an issue I had with the program  GMap. I think sometimes we are quick to think developers are just out to make a buck, but I like to believe most just want to create a great product for a hobby a lot of us take very seriously.