Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Considering to buy XP10

Hi mates,

I have XP11 since a couple of days.

However I am considering to get XP10. Sounds crazy I know!

Reasons are:

- More settings possibilities by default compared to XP11
- More easy on CPU and GPU?
- Some AC and helos I like are optimized for XP10 (and not yet for XP11): Carenado B58, Dreamfoil Bell 206
- I'm not interested in things like PBB
- Get rid of the bug of clouds shadows flickering?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

10 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Sounds crazy I know!

Yes it does 😜

I would even suggest looking into XP7! The framerates are even better! And I guarantee that it is totally PBR and cloud-shadow free! 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Tony,

your XP11 license will be good with XP10, if I correctly recall.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, all joking aside - you can probably get XP10 dirt cheap on ebay or so. It wasn´t a bad sim at all, but I couldn´t see myself going back.

You know that you can "set" everything you were able to set for XP10 also in XP11 by tweaking the preference file, right? You can even disable cloud shadows so they won´t flicker anymore.

I actually believe that XP10 does not run any faster than XP11 if you dial down the rendering settings in XP11 to match the look of XP10. The rendering engine - if anything - has gotten BETTER and FASTER with XP11, its just that XP11 has more stuff to render!

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

Well, Tony I though it worked :-/

Sorry for that, but I'll try to find where I saw that written.

For me though, XP11 did run faster than XP10, although my settings are always conservative...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think that what you read is that when XP11 was in the last beta stage, you could buy XP10 and the key also worked on XP11. Of course the offer is not available anymore.

- TONY -

43 minutes ago, Janov said:

You know that you can "set" everything you were able to set for XP10 also in XP11 by tweaking the preference file, right? You can even disable cloud shadows so they won´t flicker anymore.

Thank you. Actually I'm pretty new to XP and I did not know. I'll do a search on how to disable clouds shadows in XP11.

- TONY -

Or you could wait for 11.30 to be final download the demo and try it, there are many fixes and improvements coming.

Alexander Colka