Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

FS 2 crew CTD

Good day, I already posted in the FS 2 crew forum, but FS 2 crew seems to think the CTD I’m receiving is related to you guys. As soon as I hit landing data in button control the sim crashes using the 400/8. So I don’t know what to say really it’s happened to me like 5 or 6 times using FS 2 crew so unfortunately I had to stop using it. Seems to be fine without FS 2 crew. Anyway I’ll probaly get a sarcastic answer here I’m sure lol

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

29 minutes ago, Navigator43 said:

As soon as I hit landing data in button control the sim crashes using the 400/8.

I don't know what this means, what is a landing data in button?  What kind of CTD are you getting? To be sure, if all seems well without the 3rd party addon then well what can be said?

Dan Downs KCRP

21 minutes ago, downscc said:

I don't know what this means, what is a landing data in button?  What kind of CTD are you getting? To be sure, if all seems well without the 3rd party addon then well what can be said?

Good enough then thanks for replying then anyway 

I’ll just keep using the jet without FS 2 crew have a great day or night cheers 

3 hours ago, Navigator43 said:

Good enough then thanks for replying then anyway 

I'm not sure I understand the issue. You asked for help, and when Dan tried to help, you didn't bother answering his questions. None of us are mind readers. We can't really know what's going on if you don't tell us. I have no idea what "landing data in button control" means, either, so can't really do much there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not sure I understand the issue. You asked for help, and when Dan tried to help, you didn't bother answering his questions. None of us are mind readers. We can't really know what's going on if you don't tell us. I have no idea what "landing data in button control" means, either, so can't really do much there.

Basically as soon as I hit a button control in FS 2 crew to give FS 2 crew a command the sim crashes only while I’m flying the 747. It seems to only happen when I ask FS 2 crew to give me the landing data for the approach. So I know you guys don’t read minds and if you’ve never used FS 2 crew you won’t have a clue what I’m talking about. So that being said I’ll just fly the plane without using FS 2 crew then I won’t get any crashes at all. 

I’m talking to the developer from FS 2 crew as well and I’m going to do a few more flights to test and see if it keeps crashing. He seems willing to work with me on it. 

As someone who has just acquired the FS2Crew QOTSII add-on, Button Control version, that Landing Data seen flagged in the Main Panel is the request from the FO as part of the Descent Checklist. Never had any CTDs so far on 10 PMDG QOTSII flights using that FS2Crew Button Version so far.

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

As someone who has just acquired the FS2Crew QOTSII add-on, Button Control version, that Landing Data seen flagged in the Main Panel is the request from the FO as part of the Descent Checklist. Never had any CTDs so far on 10 PMDG QOTSII flights using that FS2Crew Button Version so far.

Ok might be something else then who knows. 

Edited by Navigator43

Make sure that no anti virus or anti malware software has access to your sim or to FS2C. They interact with each other very simular to what a trojan does... so it could be that it‘s a third programm causing this. I don‘t think it‘s FS2C at first place, nor the 747. both addons are quite popular but you don‘t see those complaints...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Make sure that no anti virus or anti malware software has access to your sim or to FS2C. They interact with each other very simular to what a trojan does... so it could be that it‘s a third programm causing this. I don‘t think it‘s FS2C at first place, nor the 747. both addons are quite popular but you don‘t see those complaints...

I got the whole P3D folder excluded in my anti virus 

Well whatever that issue was it seemed to have corrected itself. I guess it could’ve been anything. But I’ve been flying the 747 with FS 2 crew on about 10 flights now and it hasn’t crashed. Hope I don’t jinx myself