Sign in to follow this  
Lenny777

Recommendations for best GA twin turbo prop or Piston

1 minute ago, NorwegianAviator said:

I understand that, but due to the wrong ground friction you will need to add a bit of power to get the plane rolling, and also to keep it rolling. It will not keep moving a idle power.

NO!!!!! You don't understand!  (over and out)

Edited by FDEdev

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

That's a pretty arrogant and wrong assumption. 

I honestly don't think so.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Just now, FDEdev said:

NO!!!!! You don't understand!

No plane that I know of will keep rolling at idle thrust in P3D. In XP yes, but not in P3D.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

6 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

It will not keep moving a idle power. 

This has not been the case in my experience in the sim, P3D.  In fact, if I don't correct the taxi speed, it will slowly exceed a safe speed.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

7 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

No plane that I know of will keep rolling at idle thrust in P3D. In XP yes, but not in P3D.

See my post above.  You are incorrect in stating this about P3D.

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

4 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

That's complete nonsense and you apparently don't know any high quality airplanes in P3D.

Reading your various statements it's obvious that you think that x-plane is superior, but this simply isn't the case and the old x-plane vs. P3D/FSX discussion definitely isn't necessary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StewartH said:

This has not been the case in my experience in the sim, P3D.  In fact, if I don't correct the taxi speed, it will slowly exceed a safe speed.

What plane are you flying?

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

5 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

You mean by default, or something else? Every aircraft can be tweaked to move forward at idle power: Jets, Turbo-props and pistons. It is a combination of .air file and aircraft.cfg tweaks. And you can tweak this in less than a minute.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 minute ago, NorwegianAviator said:

What plane are you flying?

Do you even read your own posts? It was you who wrote that PMDG uses the 'tweak' with the increased thrust to overcome the friction problem.

Edited by FDEdev

The Carenado Cheyenne II with mods by Bill.  See the discussion over at the Carenado Cheyenne II thread.

Stew

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Doesn't work. The problem is that even 1% above/below 0% throttle increase fuel flow and hence triggers complaints from a few hard core simmers.

IMO turboprop tuning requires the same amount of work in the air and the cfg file.

It does work, but perhaps not to your liking!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Just now, StewartH said:

The Carenado Cheyenne II with mods by Bill.  See the discussion over at the Carenado Cheyenne II thread.

Even without the mods 😉

• Like 1

Lol who tweaked the number of views to read over 25 mil?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

We can only hope that this will at some point be fixed.

Well, currently you have at least two turboprop aircraft with accurate engine simulations, MJQ400 with PW12x and Milviz Turbine Otter with PT6A-34.

Both using external tables to control engine parameters. MJQ400 applies a complete external control, and MV uses a mix of basic functions handled by sim core and external data for other simulations (ITT, Oil, FFlow, etc).

Tom

46 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

I'm not a developer, but you would need a higher thrust setting to get the plane moving and to keep it moving because of the wrong ground friction, wouldn't you? Fuel flow would be off by several hundreds of kilos, especially with a long taxi.

No. You can alter the effective power without affecting fuel flow. I know you mean well, but you are increasingly making just wild statements that are simply not true. Almost everything is tweakable, given time. It's a simulator and not real. The numbers don't really count. Everything at this level of simulation is compromise, fudging and smoke and mirrors. That's why it costs you less than $60 or whatever the price is, rather than Millions, and even the Million $/£ ones are full of compromises, fudging and tweaks that divert from the theoretical calculations.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1