Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

P3Dv4.4 night time flying

50 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello 

Have you seen this post below by Beau Hollis ? 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131838&p=190857#p190790

Thank you so much for this (MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False), this is what I was looking/hoping for because even with HDR/Dynamic on and with all lights off I can still see inside the plane and the runway with the default taxi lights and taxi to the runways. No longer diaspointed 🙂

I don't think that this is a P3D issue because night is night and they've done a beautiful job of it, but more the fact that hardly no planes are configured or made for v4.4 and example of that is my alabeo PA-31's VC light that doesn't even work and the Landing/Taxi light are basically useless with 4.4. Another example is Carenado's C206H which does have a VC light and was able to somewhat see the interior but again the brightness is not adjustable. But now this is very acceptable with disabling the moon phase lighting.

Developers will now need to implement an adjustable VC light like what Milviz has done with RealLight in the 310R. With ChasePlane that would be ideal, set the camera to where you want the VC light and set and adjust.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 12/9/2018 at 1:25 AM, Alaaar said:

Hello all

I had two issues using V4.4 yesterday KMSP-KORD(only 2 weeks experience with P3D).

The first when I got to the cockpit of MD-82 at night, it was pitch black I couldn't see a single button, specially with the complicated overhead panel of the Maddog......I had to change the panel state to ready to start so I can turn some lights on.

The other issue was when cruising at FL250 I couldn't see any light on the ground, I mean small cities or large ones or any topography, the ground was totally black even from external views until I got bellow FL200.

I don't know if it's real or not or perhaps I am used to FSX night light, but getting into the cockpit at night is an issue I guess unless if I have a flash light or something....And I didn't want to miss with the brightness and contrast values.

I'd recommend FSSpotlight for dark cockpits. You can set up the lighting and not have to worry about fumbling in the dark.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Thanks Lenny 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Since I fly only in VR, the biggest improvement is that stars size has been drastically reduced. These were way to big in VR previously.

Michael

Edited by michaelth

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

19 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

I'd recommend FSSpotlight for dark cockpits. You can set up the lighting and not have to worry about fumbling in the dark.

wow very nice and they have made it donationware on top of that. If it ends up working right I'll try it with the option enable.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I don't often fly at night but this topic tweaked my interest, so I did some investigation. HDR disabled but dynamic lighting enabled.

I found something interesting when sitting in the Milwiz C310 Redux at night. I parked near a rotating airport beacon (green and white) and saw that the green light was casing a very noticeable beam on the ground while the white light did not do so. From the outside view looking towards the beacon the aircraft was lit up in the green light as the beam swept past but looking away from the beacon at the aircraft in outside view nothing happened. The white light did nothing at all. Sitting in the cockpit the green beam did not light up the aircraft exterior parts like the wings.

The taxi and landing lights light up objects like building, planes and other objects very nicely but are hardly visible on the ground and runways.

At ORBX Gold coast that has dynamic apron lighting the C310 does not seem to be lit up at all while the A2A Baron was definitely brighter on one side of the aircraft that faces the apron lighting. Looks like the reflections are aircraft dependent. Does dynamic reflections play a role?

Edited by pinepix62

Johan Pienaar

The Milky Way and full moon are a treat.  

REgards

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 12/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, Lawy said:

No plans to disable it, as it's an interesting feature.  I will be looking forward to see how it reacts to the moons cycle over the next 28 days.  

+1

There gets to be a point at night where simobjects just turn completely black. I'll have to take some screenshots. Its like the lighting at certain times looks great in p3d v4.4 and then all of a sudden boom totally black between a certain time period. I'm guessing it depends on the moon phase. I'm thinking that the problem with this is possible over dependence on dynamic lighting at night. There's just not enough airports with them.

I'm going back to P3d v4.3 until they "fix" the night textures. I know they were trying to give us what the community wanted but you can only do so much on a computer and still be realistic. This is not a 4 million dollar full motion simulator it's a computer (dare I say it) game. If you want to be realistic light should enter the cockpit from other light sources and it doesn't how realistic is it if you're parked at the gate and no light enters the cockpit from the terminal building or light stands. I'd like it to be back to the way it was in 4.3 than this utter nonsense of total blackness.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No problems with 4.5 on my end either.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I really like my night lighting now.  Mine though it a tad opposite.  I tend to see more washed out whites in the daytime now (in photoreal scenery).  Not using any shaders.  Not bad with adjustments.  It was just a surprise the first time I loaded up.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit