Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

PFPX V2

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hotfiz 2.01 is out that should fix some bugs but there are still some important issues,

At this moment V1 seems a lot better...

Where did you get the hotfix, or is it a complete redownload.

Edit   ahh.... found it in the forums

Edited by Iceman2

@Iceman2

it's an attached exe-file in a sticky subject over on the PFPX support forums (aerosoft forums)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 minute ago, Iceman2 said:

Where did you get the hotfix, or is it a complete redownload.

Thanks

Posted on the PFPX forum. Get it here.

I updated, seems OK, here and there some annoyances, but not really a deal breaker. Many good things though. Don't like Simbrief, and I generally like to stay away from web-based applications, if possible. Besides don't want to miss the custom export module which exports files in multiple directories, making me load everything really quickly after planing was done (usually means vpilot, Activesky, EFBv2, aircraft).

BUT: I did read about the restart without prompting, so I did close everything before installing, but if I had not... I would have been very very angry. This way I can only say that's a strict NO-GO.

I can only hope that was a miss from the dev and that this gets fixed asap. Like, right now!

there is an official log change.

btw if you are planning transatlantic flights you have a plotting chart that is really new and good.

ETOPS is way more easier as you type only the airports you want in and not the whole scenarios, some users may find it useful.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Flight Planner X - http://flightsimsoft.com/pfpx
-------------------------------------------------------------

2.00 (04 DEC 2018)
------------------
- MULTIPLE NEW FUNCTION AND FEATURES

10 hours ago, SimonC said:

I updated, seems OK, here and there some annoyances, but not really a deal breaker. Many good things though. Don't like Simbrief, and I generally like to stay away from web-based applications, if possible. Besides don't want to miss the custom export module which exports files in multiple directories, making me load everything really quickly after planing was done (usually means vpilot, Activesky, EFBv2, aircraft).

BUT: I did read about the restart without prompting, so I did close everything before installing, but if I had not... I would have been very very angry. This way I can only say that's a strict NO-GO.

I can only hope that was a miss from the dev and that this gets fixed asap. Like, right now!

If you do elect to go back to SimBrief, they have a really great downloaded tool that makes it a snap to export everything you need. 

Jon Skiffington

26 minutes ago, Skiff said:

If you do elect to go back to SimBrief, they have a really great downloaded tool that makes it a snap to export everything you need. 

Didn't know - neat.

What about ActiveSky weather wx-file? PFPX loads it on the fly. How does that work for fuel planing?

Edited by SimonC

22 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Didn't know - neat.

What about ActiveSky weather wx-file? PFPX loads it on the fly. How does that work for fuel planing?

I use both; PFPX for domestic and SIMBRIEF for international. I find the latter to be far superior with NAT planning. To that point, SIMBRIEF is capable of planning an accurate flight plan using current NATs, SIDS, STARS  and ETOPS.  It does so with a click of a single button. Plus, it really excels at selecting the correct runways in use.  It doesn’t require a subscription to pull the current NATs; it does all this for free.  I find it ironic that PFPX V2 is adding features already available via SIMBRIEF.  To answer your question, SIMBRIEF  can use HiFi wx file to extract data.  I find it as accurate as PFPX; after all, Accounting for winds aloft is not a difficult arithmetic problem, once you have the data. 

Matt King

13 hours ago, krazyk said:

There is no official changelog to v2 or the hotfix v2.01 but here are some of the things I found updated/new:

1. The user interface has been updated
2. Performance has improved considerably (especially using auto-routing, alternate aerodromes planning, weather parsing)
3. Weather reports have been improved and now have a timeline to them aiding a user to see exactly when something noteworthy is expected to happen for the chosen airfields (things like Fog, Haze, reduction in visibility, etc - all have a color-coded highlight to them making it very simple to refer to a METAR/TAF and then getting an accurate timeline on when it is predicted for that particular condition to become active). Excellent for the hit & run pilots among us that just want to get a flight plan done within minutes.
4. NOTAMs have received a similar 'smart' function where it seems to read what it says and then tag it as such. For example, a NOTAM about a particular taxiway being closed will be tagged with a 'Taxiway' label. Similarly for obstacles in the form of construction at or around the fields in your flight plan will be marked as 'Obstacles', Runway changes would be tagged 'Runway', Unavailable parking would be tagged as 'Parking' and so on. You understand what I mean. Not necessary but highly effective in cutting down on reading time for the end user with such visual cues.
5. There's a new 'Company Information' tab I hope can also be integrated into the VA connection within PFPX. Presently, you can create your own Company NOTAMs if you like to fly a specific company often and if you're aware of certain NOTAMs they issue to their line pilots. Otherwise, this could say just about anything as you control what data is fed to the tab via self-created NOTAMs.
6. Flight vertical profile chart has been added with heaps of data embedded within. Items such as winds, turbulence, obstacles, Grid MORAs, expected en route times, alternate airfields (think ETPs or ETOPs range circles allowing you to know exactly until when a certain airfield is a viable enroute alternate, etc). One thing I do miss seeing in it is the Tropopause height but I suspect that will come through in one of the hotfixes/updates pretty soon.
7. The Map has been updated by quite a margin. You can now load terrain data and see exactly what areas during the critical phases of the flight need a bit more planning on. While the map already displayed FIR/UIR information from v1, v2 brings in prohibited/restricted/danger/training areas that allow you to hover your mouse above them for detailed information on altitude constraints, restrictions, activity type, etc. It can also show you AIRMETs/SIGMETs and airport weather trends.
8. There's a new 'Route Restrictions' tab in the Route Validation section showing you exactly what restrictions are in effect for your flight, both routes, as well as altitudes, are covered here.
9. There's a new feature called 'Aircraft Performance Monitoring' tool which you can access via your aircraft list. This will allow PFPX and you to monitor the fuel and drag bias on each type/registration, making active changes to its own calculation in future uses of that frame/type while letting you know exactly how big the discrepancy on each add-on aircraft you add to the program is. It even allows you to choose what to base those calculations on. End result: More precise and accurate numbers for you and the program calculations for future sectors.
10. A new 'Destination Area' chart that zooms in at your destination field and shows you the filed arrival into the intended field while also displaying alternates and the routing you'll be taking to fly there should the need arise. Great for situational awareness.
11. The 'Messages' tab after you've compiled your flight will tell you exactly what kind of restricted/danger/training areas you will be transiting through which coupled with the NOTAMs improves your awareness and expectations for rerouting from ATC should it be necessary.

The rest, generally, seems to be the same. Not that it is a complaint of any kind, most of it didn't need any changing anyway.

I suspect I will come across a few more items that have had some kind of work done to them but they'll likely only be visible when I dive into the deeper functions of PFPX and it can get pretty deep. When I'm in the mood, I could spend upwards of 30 minutes of planning and controlling almost every aspect of the flight plan. It's where PFPX excels anyway so why not take advantage of it?

Disclaimer: The above changes are just the things I've noticed and I'm in no way affiliated with the software developer or the publisher.
I am also not a real-world flight planner so please excuse any errors above.

Hope this helped!

Thanks for the detailed list!

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Unfortunately, developers are still unable to create a flight plan for the Majestic Q400 -  one of the most ingenious planes ever developed ! 😞

Or did I miss something ?

greetings

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Well, am a satisfied customer of PFPX and TOPCAT for anumber of years and i intend to keep on .

However, having a hotfix posted in the forum doesn's sound to professional. It should have been in the download page of the program.

Also, after all these years the changelog doesn't sound so attractive.

Furthermore, it is disappointing that new planes profiles, such as the PMDG 747-8 are not available in the product or even the 787.

Finally the installation manual and specially the update process is the old version. Understand that you have to back up your data before doing anything further but this is not stated anywhere. Imagine having to re create the profiles fore each type of airplane.

All in all, I will keep on with the existing version of PFPX until problems are solved and developers realize that we are aviation freaks and not PC genius (at least speaking for myself).

On another topic and potentially i shouldn't be mentioning this here is that still awaiting for the AES for P3D.

Am afraid AEROSOFT is letting down its own babies and this is not promising at all for the future.

Having a number of their products I can only tell that they can do way better.

Not trying to be offensive; just expressing my thoughts

Cheers

Mike

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, CaptainMike63 said:

Finally the installation manual and specially the update process is the old version. Understand that you have to back up your data before doing anything further but this is not stated anywhere. Imagine having to re create the profiles fore each type of airplane.

All in all, I will keep on with the existing version of PFPX until problems are solved and developers realize that we are aviation freaks and not PC genius (at least speaking for myself).

MIke,

I've just downloaded and installed v2.03. It did not overwrite my existing data as previous versions did. I took a backup of my aircraft and routes but they haven't been touched.

The developer has responded quickly to the initial cock-up. Not sure how this got passed the beta testers but all is okay now.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just installed 2.03.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I did not install it to overwrite my 1.28xx just installed it in a new location. 

Installed 1813 

Opened old version to see if it still worked it did but the installed 1813 needed going through to deleted outdated. All good.

Opened new 2.03 the 1813 was there I just needed to re apply AS for weather. Job done.

Like Ray has said all my aircraft data was there.

Really like the new look and routing was really fast/instant, no pausing. 

BTW now, After install It asked if I wanted to restart PC later or now.

So they updated it super fast. To people needs. Like any update always best to just wait a few days.

I will start to enjoy the new looking PFPX 2.03, free as well. Nice one.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

BTW now, After install It asked if I wanted to restart PC later or now.

So they updated it super fast. To people needs. Like any update always best to just wait a few days.

Now that's a thing to respect.

Where do you get V2 and is it a comp upgrade for current owners?  I didn't see it on Aerosoft.  I bought mine at Simmarket.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender