Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

PFPX V2

6 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

Where do you get V2 and is it a comp upgrade for current owners?  I didn't see it on Aerosoft.  I bought mine at Simmarket.

Jeff Callender

The full installer here: http://www.flightsimsoft.com/downloads/

11 hours ago, CaptainMike63 said:

Well, am a satisfied customer of PFPX and TOPCAT for anumber of years and i intend to keep on .

PFPX is a great addon, however, I think TOPCAT is useless.

That addon barely supports any addons today, and I can understand that a lot of addons we have today weren't present when TOPCAT was released.

However, if you're making a payware addon, and most planes aren't even supported, what's the point? 

QSimplanner is a good example, it has most of the plane TOPCAT has, it's free, and best of all it isn't abandoned like TOPCAT.

I know PFPX has TOPCAT integration, but honestly, PFPX should just add their own takeoff calculator within it without having outdated abandonware on PFPX.

Edited by arwasairl
  • Like 1

v2.03 comes with a changelog:

2.03 (10 DEC 2018)

------------------

- ADDED SUPPORT FOR RESTRICTIVE AIRSPACE/RESTRICTED AREAS

- ADDED SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE ROUTE RESTRICTION GROUPS

- ADDED CREW INFO TEMPLATE OPTION

- ADDED ACARS TEMPLATE OPTION

- ADDED VECTOR CHARTS (VERTICAL PROFILE, ROUTE, WIND, PLOTTING)

- IMPROVED ROUTE FINDING ALGORITHM

- IMPROVED VERTICAL PROFILE ALGORITHM

- ADDED TERRAIN DATABASE AND FUNCTIONS

- ADDED 'SCHEDULE EDITOR' DIALOG

- ADDED ADVANCED NOTAM FILTERING OPTIONS

- ADDED WEATHER TREND INDICATORS/ALERTS

- IMPROVED AIRPORT, AIRWAY AND RESTRICTIVE AIRSPACE TOOLTIP INFORMATION

- ADDED AIRMET, TROPICAL CYCLONE AND VOLCANIC ASH ADVISORIES- IMPROVED 'USER AIRWAY & WAYPOINT EDITOR'

Source

5 hours ago, arwasairl said:

PFPX is a great addon, however, I think TOPCAT is useless.

That addon barely supports any addons today, and I can understand that a lot of addons we have today weren't present when TOPCAT was released.

I know PFPX has TOPCAT integration, but honestly, PFPX should just add their own takeoff calculator within it without having outdated abandonware on PFPX.

Have you asked that question on the PFPX forum? No point complaining here as the authors don't visit this place.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

While PFPX v2.x did have it's problems at release, the developer was quick to respond and things have stabilized nicely.  In my specific case, they worked with me to sort out adding manual NAT tracks, and now that it is working, I couldn't be happier with this new version.  I have made 3 flights since getting everything sorted, and am very pleased with the performance.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hi Everyone

As the original poster of this thread, I had a lot of problems caused by the V2 upgrade and hence my frustration at the process.  I now have things working properly again and thank the developer for their work to get things working again.

I still think there was either very poor or very little beta testing of V2.0 and would have thought that the developer would have given this a really good work out prior to release.

I would like to thank them for their efforts once again.  It's not a junk programme - but i do think the process lacked in their installation details and explanations and that their beta testers, whoever they were, let them down badly in this case. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

@barramundilure, good post. Perhaps the moderators could amend the topic title.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@barramundilure, good post. Perhaps the moderators could amend the topic title.

I agree, the title is misleading and "JUNK" should be deleted or at least amended to  "NO MORE JUNK" 🤪

• Like 2

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I agree, the title is misleading and "JUNK" should be deleted or at least amended to  "NO MORE JUNK" 🤪

JUNK has been removed. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, Nyxx said:

Just installed 2.03.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I did not install it to overwrite my 1.28xx just installed it in a new location. 

Installed 1813 

Opened old version to see if it still worked it did but the installed 1813 needed going through to deleted outdated. All good.

Opened new 2.03 the 1813 was there I just needed to re apply AS for weather. Job done.

Like Ray has said all my aircraft data was there.

Really like the new look and routing was really fast/instant, no pausing. 

BTW now, After install It asked if I wanted to restart PC later or now.

So they updated it super fast. To people needs. Like any update always best to just wait a few days.

I will start to enjoy the new looking PFPX 2.03, free as well. Nice one.

Hi I am way back on PFPX version 1.19 and thought this might be a good time to just start over with the new release of v 2.03 and not install over my very old existing version.  I just want to confirm that using the full installer one can install v 2.03  to a new directory and use V 2.03 independently of version 1? Would both versions access the same  existing Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data to allow all of my old aircraft,  NAVDATA etc to function as in version 1? Finally I would like to confirm that if installable independently, there will be a separate setting in the WIN 10 add/remove app so that I could later independently uninstall either program.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Clark

Hi All,

Does PFPX Version 2.03 still provide the Fuel Planning and Load Planning Page that proceeds the Flight Plan?

This is a useful tool to make sure you don't exceed your max Ramp Weight or max Landing Weight for example. It also breaks out all the fuel planning elements such as ALTN, FAR RSV, TRIP, EXTRA.

I remember when they the developer removed this page a lot of people complained and after a bit, they inserted it back in.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

On 12/12/2018 at 12:31 AM, greg100o said:

Hi I am way back on PFPX version 1.19 and thought this might be a good time to just start over with the new release of v 2.03 and not install over my very old existing version.  I just want to confirm that using the full installer one can install v 2.03  to a new directory and use V 2.03 independently of version 1? Would both versions access the same  existing Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data to allow all of my old aircraft,  NAVDATA etc to function as in version 1? Finally I would like to confirm that if installable independently, there will be a separate setting in the WIN 10 add/remove app so that I could later independently uninstall either program.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

You can install v1.19 (quite ancient version) and 2.03 side by side. Just install the new version at a different location on your hard disk. Please also note that both version will share the same profiles in the PFPX data folder. But if you backup this folder, you should be safe, just in case you would like to uninstall v1.19 and keep 2.03. The settings are separate.

I have installed 2.03 beside 1.28 and both versions work.

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

On 12/12/2018 at 12:38 AM, sbclark said:

Hi All,

Does PFPX Version 2.03 still provide the Fuel Planning and Load Planning Page that proceeds the Flight Plan?

Yes, it does. It is on the first page if you print the Flight Plan.

Regards,

Chris

--

Thanks Chris!

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB