Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Is there a beginner’s guide to FSUIPC anywhere?

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks.  I already have them connected but they’re working in FSUIPC.  I keep the stick and TPM plugged in so it doesn’t change the numbers but I read on page 21 that you can prevent number changes by using letters.

I’ve just read through your chat with Pete. I would advise you to keep things as simple as possible until you’re happy with how the process works. If the TM stick and Saitek units are recognised by FSUIPC5 all well and good.

But for the purposes of learning how to program axes and buttons just stick to the three units I listed. Assigning a letter to a unit is good. More helpful than just a number. That can take a while to understand. Small steps is the key.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve just read through your chat with Pete. I would advise you to keep things as simple as possible until you’re happy with how the process works. If the TM stick and Saitek units are recognised by FSUIPC5 all well and good.

But for the purposes of learning how to program axes and buttons just stick to the three units I listed. Assigning a letter to a unit is good. More helpful than just a number. That can take a while to understand. Small steps is the key.

Thanks Ray.  I won’t say what I want to say.....

Jack Sawyer

Another question Ray, why is there two Set buttons say for example on the Aileron Joystick Calibration screen.

It will show:

Min   Centre    Max

Set    Set        Set

Set

What is the bottom Set for?

Thanks again! 

Jack Sawyer

Jack,

From memory there are two set buttons for the Centre option to allow for a null zone. But the default values are usually sufficient.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jack,

From memory there are two set buttons for the Centre option to allow for a null zone. But the default values are usually sufficient.

Thanks Ray, any negative ramifications from clicking them both as I usually do?

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Ray, any negative ramifications from clicking them both as I usually do?

You need a null zone. If you click them so they both have the same value that clears the null zone. It's always best to understand the consequences of your actions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Jack.

I wrote a begineres guide and plastered it over quite a few forums.

I will have to try and remember unless you have sorted your problems 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lestrickett said:

Hi Jack.

I wrote a begineres guide and plastered it over quite a few forums.

I will have to try and remember unless you have sorted your problems 

Thanks I have it sorted. Appreciate it!

Jack Sawyer