Sign in to follow this  

Stutter issues with P3D V4.4 and SLI, A2A Bonanza Gyro issue

I've submitted a support ticket, but thought I'd post here to see if anyone else ran into this issue with multiple GPUs in SLI mode with CP.  If I disable SLI then CP works fine.  

In addition, I can see to disable the CP Gyro when using the A2A Bonanza, Default F22 works fine.

https://youtu.be/TVXalI4XTdQ

I'm running v1.0.20 of CP.

Cheers, Rob.

For the Gyro issue, you likely have the Gimbal enabled in Camera > Advanced

For the long frames, I can't replicated it on my end because I don't have an SLI setup. Is it only appearing when the UI is visible? We know there are some issues with GSync when both CP and the sim are visible but I don't know if that's what's happening here.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Ah yes, it was Gimbal for A2A, sorry.

On the stutters/FPS issue, as soon as the UI is visible I have the issue.  I dug into this a little more ... it's not specific to CP UI.  For example, if I bring up the MSI Afterburner UI while P3D is in flight, the same issue is triggered.  I'll bring this up with LM and nVidia for input ... again ONLY happens with SLI enabled, single GPU works fine.

The nVidia driver I'm using is 417.22.  I'll dig some more, obviously not a CP issue since I can get other unrelated apps to trigger the problem.

Cheers, Rob.

12 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

For the Gyro issue, you likely have the Gimbal enabled in Camera > Advanced

For the long frames, I can't replicated it on my end because I don't have an SLI setup. Is it only appearing when the UI is visible? We know there are some issues with GSync when both CP and the sim are visible but I don't know if that's what's happening here.

I also have stuttering with Chase-Plane and P3D4.4 when I move the camera in the air. Not sure whats up with that. I tried reverting back my GPU driver version thinking that it was that, but no luck.

Edited by Shinx13

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Hello, 

I have the same problem when SLI is on, I do not have the problem in full-screen mode but in windows mode. There is no drop in FPS but I get lots of stutters when I am running p3d v.4.4 in windows mode without any drops in FPS. 

I have the latest Nvidia driver installed. When I turn off SLI I do not have the issue in windows mode. 

I was able to resolve my problem with the following:

1.  Updated to Win10 1809

2.  Ran DDU in safe mode to remove 417.22 driver

3.  Downloaded and manually installed 417.35

4.  deleted P3D shaders folder

That resolved the problem for the most part with SLI enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello again,

Thanks for your response. I reinstalled the driver manually and my windows was uptodate. It still did not solve the problem. I checked aomething else though. I left SLI on and turned off GSYNC that solved the problem. 

To solve the GSYNC problem, I had to change my computer’s power option to high performance. Now I can use GSYNC in windows mode as well.

thanks for your help