Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Sales site

I'm trying to buy the 737 -600/700 and it's taking so long to load the page it even timed out on me.  I have fiber, is there a problem with the site?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

55 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I'm trying to buy the 737 -600/700 and it's taking so long to load the page it even timed out on me.  I have fiber, is there a problem with the site?

Thanks.

no issues  here   to load the  site  web  page up,  maybe  it  was  the  time of day  you tried

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It timed out on me several times and after I bought it I had an error so as I was submitting a ticket I got an email with the link and S/N so I finally got it.  But good gravy was it tedious and slow.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

It timed out on me several times and after I bought it I had an error so as I was submitting a ticket I got an email with the link and S/N so I finally got it.  But good gravy was it tedious and slow.

least  you got it,  yea  some days do have its  days 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well fiber to the first destination, but depending on the route between you and their servers, who knows how many hops your packets are making through various servers.  It's the weakest link in the chain concept- your connection to the PDMG servers is only going to be as fast as the slowest router/computer in the source to target chain.  I'd wager the issue wasn't on your side or theirs, but somewhere in-between.

Mark

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Well fiber to the first destination, but depending on the route between you and their servers, who knows how many hops your packets are making through various servers.  It's the weakest link in the chain concept- your connection to the PDMG servers is only going to be as fast as the slowest router/computer in the source to target chain.  I'd wager the issue wasn't on your side or theirs, but somewhere in-between.

Mark

Very good points Mark.  Thank you.

Jack Sawyer

PMDG uses Amazon AWS, which is huge and worldwide so I doubt it is a server issue but agree with Mark that it could be "somewhere in-between."  This could be as much a DNS problem as anything else based on what little I gathered from your problem description.  Sometimes you just need to close the browser and start it again to reach a site.

Dan Downs KCRP

14 minutes ago, downscc said:

PMDG uses Amazon AWS, which is huge and worldwide so I doubt it is a server issue but agree with Mark that it could be "somewhere in-between."  This could be as much a DNS problem as anything else based on what little I gathered from your problem description.  Sometimes you just need to close the browser and start it again to reach a site.

I did that, closed and restarted, even restarted my computer.  No big deal I eventually got the file and installed it.

Jack Sawyer

12 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I did that, closed and restarted, even restarted my computer.  No big deal I eventually got the file and installed it.

Have you tried to reboot your router/modem? With my last router I had the issue that it sometimes slowed down as it became a little too warm. When I have issues with my internet I usually first reboot my PC and if it‘s not resolved I then do the same with the router. That will fix it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Have you tried to reboot your router/modem? With my last router I had the issue that it sometimes slowed down as it became a little too warm. When I have issues with my internet I usually first reboot my PC and if it‘s not resolved I then do the same with the router. That will fix it.

Yes sir, tried that too.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate you guys help.

Jack Sawyer

The slow connection will likely be a download manager interfering, a network being hammered (roommate, wife, husband, kids, etc. streaming Netflix, etc.), or an issue with your internet service provider.

Kyle Rodgers