Sign in to follow this  
wrap23

Samsung CHG90 paired with Dell U3415W??

I purchased a Samsung 49” CHG90 last week and it’s still in the box! I mostly fly the PMG 777 and I’m looking for a more immersive experience. My intention was to use the CHG90 exclusively for the external view and my Dell 3415 for the virtual cockpit only. The Dell works well for displaying the entire forward cockpit at a usable size when your not displaying the view outside the cockpit.

My thought is the 1080p vertical on the CHG90 will be less of a burden on my 1080ti while still giving me a nice expansive external view and I’ll still have the 1440 detail for the cockpit. Since the cockpit will be mostly static I feel the overall graphics performance may be improved.

Amazon had a sale last week and I pulled the trigger on the Samsung without really thinking it through. Should I keep it? Does this plan sound reasonable? Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Sorry can't help with your question about the Samsung setup.

But i would like to know what you think of the the Dell U3415 as it is one of the monitors i  have been looking at, would it suit my MSI 1080.

Going by other post on this forum  buying a new monitor,  should come with a Goverment Health Warning !!

Thanks Brian

I really enjoy my 3415. I definitely feel it’s more immersive with a 21x9 monitor and really like that. When flying the 777, the extra real estate allows me to selectively expand the MFDs, PFD, ND, and CDUs and position them  and still be able to view important areas of the cockpit.

Though a 60Hz monitor, I have it set to 30 Hz without issue. I like the detail of the 1440 vertical resolution. It functions very well for other non-simming tasks as well. I contemplated getting a second 3415 to create a real panoramic view but opted against due to the middle bezels and the extra strain on my 1080ti driving all those pixels. That said, I get nice frame rates with the single monitor.

I personally feel it’s a great 34” ultra wide monitor. At the current pricing I think it’s a great choice. We don’t need 144Hz for flight simming!

Hope that was useful,

Don

Edited by wrap23

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Thanks for that info on your 3415, no room for a 3 monitor setup so have been looking at an ultra wide monitor your review has been a good help.

No replies to your original question

Brian

Edited by byronp
forgot to sign off