Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Sode Download Issue

Hello all,

I have been trying to install sode v 1.6.3 for a while now and have come across this error repeatedly where it says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". I have also been running into a lot of blocking from the site and had to bypass it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Simon S.

That's odd, I had no trouble with the SODE v 1.6.3 installation. 

You may need to run it as admin, as well as possibly setting all your permissions to "allow" in the installers properties/security tab. 

On my Windows 10 64 bit OS I have had a few programs balk at installing until I changed those permissions to "allow" across the board for all groups and usernames.

It's worth a try if you don't have those set to "allow" already.

4 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

That's odd, I had no trouble with the SODE v 1.6.3 installation. 

You may need to run it as admin, as well as possibly setting all your permissions to "allow" in the installers properties/security tab. 

On my Windows 10 64 bit OS I have had a few programs balk at installing until I changed those permissions to "allow" across the board for all groups and usernames.

It's worth a try if you don't have those set to "allow" already.

Ok I will give this a try, where is this "installers properties/security tab" located?

Go to wherever you have the installer stored, then right click it and a pop up window will open, at the bottom you should see "properties", left click that and another window will open, now click the "security" tab, now edit the permissions for each group and user name so that the "allow" column for each one is all checked marked.

51 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Go to wherever you have the installer stored, then right click it and a pop up window will open, at the bottom you should see "properties", left click that and another window will open, now click the "security" tab, now edit the permissions for each group and user name so that the "allow" column for each one is all checked marked.

Ok thanks I will try it and let you know after.

I have tried to allow all but both the "read and execute" and the "write" file will not let me allow them

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Try contacting the authors of SODE or pose your question at their support forums...

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

It does work in Windows 10 home, that's what I'm using. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ok I will do this. Thanks for all the help!