Sign in to follow this  

Now I know we like a dark night but I'm finding P3dv4.4 nights a little to dark, using P.T.A could somebody tell me how to lighten it up a bit, or is possible? could I use VC lighting so that I can actually find the light switch.

Cheers Rod.

I am having the same issue. However, it's not a PTA problem. Even if you restore the original shaders will very dark. LM has made night flying more realistic and darker but I have to agree is  a bit more darker than it should be or at least we should have a flashlight option. Same as you, I could not find the light switch in the darkness and at airports that does not support dynamic lighting cockpit is pitch black. Maybe you could play with the VC lighting settings in PTA and see if that helps. I personally am going to wait till Matt fixes the Water problem and either download a decent preset or make my own.

BTW, I also read this darkness could be cause due new moon currently as moonlight in P3D 4.4 matters. I am about to test full moon to see if makes any difference.

Cheers 

Edited by Sunny Andonov

rb_banner_driver.png

I love the new realism but we do miss a flashlight now. What i do is to open the time preview window, make it day for a bit while i find the flood lights or similar, then close the window to return to the night.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well I've actually reverted back to 4.3 not just for its too dark but I just can't get over the washed out look of ground textures, tried bucket loads of PTA presets and the one I've been using in 4.3 since its release but I just can't get it right, not like 4.3 was, reinstall 4.4 when PTA is released again and have another go.

Cheers Rod.

Edit Prepar3D.cfg

True to False

[Graphics]
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

P3d v4.4 is really dark, but pta make it more darker again, i ve deleted P3d cfg & shaders to restore

Sid Khezaz

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.