Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest cwright

Maybe there's a problem with your system. On my average machine the ground textures are superb. Not only is the resolution significantly higher than FS2004, the actual texture designs look very nice indeed. It's worth checking that your texture setting is at least 1 meter or better (actually, going to anything better than 1 meter seems to have no effect). Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

The falling snow effect looks deeadful, almost a joke. The falling rain looks a lot better, though. Best regards, Chris

Guest Pilvi

>During startup of FSX I get a fault message saying: "Font>"Eurostile Bold"(12) isn't found; using "Arial" instead."I get same error message. I checked installed fonts and Eurostile is installed, both regularly and bold. I have Finnish XP and it show this font as "Eurostile Lihavoitu" (lihavoitu means bold).

Hi,I second that, also the eyepoint moving / walking should be a bit easier.I use the keyboard as little as possible.Most items I noticed in the Demo, are mentioned here.I love the demo, and am waiting eagerly for the final product.Bye, Rob,And remember: no DC3 without the DC2Visit http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

Hi,To get rid of the messages, open up fsx.cfg and change these lines to false.InfoBrakesEnable=trueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=trueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=trueInfoOverspeedEnable=trueEd

Guest southie4

How much space do you need on your hard drive? I did not have the time to install recently bought Seagate 500 gb hard drives before surgery on my arm. I'm kicking myself now that I did not install them.I have 18 gb available on the drive I use for all things FS.In case you're wondering,they were on sale and cheaper than the 300 gb and almost the same price as the 250 gb drives, which is what I had planned on buying.Thanks,RobertPIV 3.2 ghz, 1024 DDR ram, 128 mg Radeon 9800 Pro graphic card, Intel D865GBF 800 FSB mobo, two 160 gig Seagate 7200 Ultra ATA 100 hard drives,Win XP Home Edition, 19" ViewSonic E 90f + SB monitor

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hi,Here are my system specifications:AMD Anthlon 64 3500+ @2202.8MHz (Venice)AsusTek Inc. A8V Motherboard with VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset2x512MB DDR-PC3200 of RAMATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 9800 PRO with 128MB of MemoryAC'97 SoundboardHere are the bugs I found :1. I noticed that wheels IMMEDEATLY stop spining when off the ground. 2. In the CRJ, the fan blades don't stop spinning when the engine is off.3. Autogen has a huge impact on performance.4. I noticed that the bagagge cart goes through the plane, more precisly the CRJ.5. At certain angles, airport vehicles dissapear, I can only see their shadow.6. In the Ultralight, the arms don't always move when turning, sometimes the hands only move looking like the hand has "detached" from the arm.7. Autogen buildings have textures on the inside? (noticed that when I crashed) Thanks for taking the time read and I am looking forward to the release.

The demo install here took 1.12GB - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest hinch

the main issue i have is with the CRJ and Beaver class not being transparent in the VC. it loads fine, but is only clear for a flash. of course it makes flying quite hard...

Guest southie4

Thanks, Doug.RobertPIV 3.2 ghz, 1024 DDR ram, 128 mg Radeon 9800 Pro graphic card, Intel D865GBF 800 FSB mobo, two 160 gig Seagate 7200 Ultra ATA 100 hard drives,Win XP Home Edition, 19" ViewSonic E 90f + SB monitor

Guest tdragger

>6. In the Ultralight, the arms don't always move when turning,>sometimes the hands only move looking like the hand has>"detached" from the arm.It's likely that the 9800 doesn't support the instructions needed for smooth animations. If so you won't get wing flex or animated jetways either. You might to consider a video card upgrade.

Guest tdragger

>hi, with settings for step size i mean that you need about 5>minutes to "walk" from the back of the CRJ to the front in>outside view. would be nice to adjust these settings from>"walking" to "running".>>just found the settings for head movement in the fsx.cfg but>not for the outside view.>>greez bergziegeSorry, still lost since we don't have a "walking" function as far as I know. What are you doing to get the behavior your seeing.

Guest tdragger

>>Put me down as dissapointed but hopefulCheck. Got it. ;)

Guest tdragger

Many of the stutters you see when autogen is turned on may be due to FS improperly de-allocating vertex buffers. We found and fixed this the other day and it seems to have made quite an improvement.

Guest tdragger

This could be due to some shader state leakage issues we're working on. We have lots of screenshots like that here. ;)