Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Hi RhettI have done all the directx tests with no problems. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of directx even though I had alredy had 9.c installed I thought re-installing it would correct the problem. I have been a fs user for many years. Here are some of my specsAMD Athalon 64 4000+1024 RAMGe Force 6800GT driver version 8.4.2.1SB AudigyI noticed another thread with the same problem but no suggestions how to fix it.I would sure love to see that demo.Thanks for the fast replyLarry

Guest Dan_006

One thing I have noticed... don't know if this is fixable mind.But when you set the weather to overcast or thunder or whatever... the ground looks really bright still like it has the sun blasting down on it, as well as normal shadows, wouldn't it be better having it look more dull and murky?

I second that!In fact this is my first AVSIM post ever, just to whine around that I think it would be a pity to have these otherwise awesome water shaders "wasted" on making the entire scenery look wrong and strange.This reminds me of an old fighter-sim ("USAF") that used photo-scenery that was photographed in the morning (hills and mountains bright on the eastern slopes). When the time of day was set to anything other than morning in the sim, it looked just wrong, and no amount of visual detail & framerate & resolution could improve that.(Note: there's tons of new stuff that I *love* in FSX, but this thread happens to be about "issues".)nbz

Guest dwojdylo

>>>>>>>>- Is there AI in the demo? I have seen no aircraft take>>off>>>or land even when set at 100%>>>>>>>>SD >>>>Yep. I have a video I took of a Baron taxiing and taking>>off.>>>AI traffic is limited due to the size of the content. Details>in another thread...somewhere. ;)Actually, I think there may be a bug with AI. As an AI maniac ;) I made a number of experiments first with clean demo, then with altered traffic but using default demo aircraft then with altered traffic using FS9 AI aircraft.In ALL cases, there is a problem that AI JET aircraft cannot push back. They call for clearance, receive it, read back and .... get stuck. This problem does not occur with prop and turboprop aircraft. That is why people saw Beeches etc departing. Even FS9 AI ATRs etc had no problem. It is limited to JET aircraft only. Please look into it.Also I noted that AI aircraft does not turn on the lights until they begin to taxi. That is a step back to FS2002. In FS9 AI would turn on nav lights 12 mins prior to departure. I was hoping that we could move forward and have them turn on beacon light 1 min prior to departure but instead we move backwards. Hopefully it is just another demo/beta limitation/bug and will be dealt with before final release.Other than that, I had few positive observations. AI sound becomes active with FS X and it will be a major improvement. In addition, I was happy to see that all FS9 AI aircraft like AI Aardvark or Evolve AI work and behave well within demo.

Guest cwright

>bug: You can no longer use the full range of zoom. I've noticed that the zoom seems wrong. In FS2004 I always used a zoom of 0.5 in the VC. In FSX I have to go to 0.3 to get a similar zoom. Also, as 0.3 seems to be the minimum, I can't zoom out further in some circumstances, which is annoying. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this problem. Also, is there a way of selecting zoom less than 0.3? Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

>This may be a bug, usually the following setting increases>the frames by at least 20%(+). It doesn't seem to improve>anything in FSX:>>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=350 I found that if I change that setting, save it, run the demo, then check fsx.cfg, the setting has returned to zero! This strongly suggests that this setting is not currently implemented in the demo. It's important that it is implemented in the final version as dynamic blurred textures are a major issue in the demo. Best regards, Chris

In fact I've been finding all the aircraft I've imported so far perform BETTER and faster in FSX than in FS9. In fact, I get fewer stutters with the FS9 aircraft than with the default aircraft. I'm not sure what features the addon aircraft are missing, however. The only major issue I have so far is that I get a message that FS98 gauges are not supported. This could be a major pain. Bill Lyons used a lot of FS98 style gauges on his aircraft. I tried turning on the CD player on the Goose, and the sim came to basically a stop. Too bad, but, hopefully there will be fixes for the major aircraft out there. Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I'm not sure I would say it's "wrong", but I definately noticed the same difference. I also used to make small incremental changes in zoom by holding shift-- and shift-+, and that no longer works. I imagine I'll just have to update the keyboard cfg to add those back in, so no biggie for me. But I wonder why they removed that as a default?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>6. In the Ultralight, the arms don't always move when turning,>sometimes the hands only move looking like the hand has>"detached" from the arm.Following advice below I downloaded latest drivers for my 6800 (went from 5.7 all the way to 6.7) and hands still detached. Then went to options display and there is a checkbox (work from memory here) just below the place you turn on sum bloom or whatever. I think it's called advanced dynamic scenery or something like that. When I checked the box, the arms remain attached to the hands and the legs move in realistic fashion.Have not seen this solution posted anywhere else.

Guest jboweruk

>>Hi Scott, definitely in VC mode. Here's a screenie of it,>>look at the pushback tug through the pillar. Hope this>helps.>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153831.txt>>>>John, I haven't seen anything like that but I haven't tried>much at night either. Will try to duplicate your results>tonight, see if you can still notice the issue during the day>as well.>>ScottHi Scott,sorry for the slow response, computer crash slaughtered me for the entire w/end. After Mike (tdragger) suggested my drivers I updated them last thing last night, the ones I was using I think were from April, but I see there's some out from June now. So these are in. Will try tonight in both night and day conditions. I did get it with the thunderstorm before, but I guess that's kind of night as well isn't it really?Will let you know what I find as soon as poss. after I try it with the new drivers for my ATI card.

this is a follow thru of a message that I sent 8/13 re: demo not accepting my version 9.c of direct x Im not sure if your received my message there was an email stating that I had a message reply but could not find one. below is a copy of the email that I sent.I have done all the directx tests with no problems. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of directx even though I had alredy had 9.c installed I thought re-installing it would correct the problem. I have been a fs user for many years. Here are some of my specsAMD Athalon 64 4000+1024 RAMGe Force 6800GT driver version 8.4.2.1SB AudigyI noticed another thread with the same problem but no suggestions how to fix it.I would sure love to see that demo.Thanks for the fast replyLarryIf I am not sending this the right way please let me know.

Guest nigel28

More issues I found...I dont know if this has already been addressed but, I have three more issues.1. When hitting the slew key, sometimes the inner coastal water tiles start flashing.2. The CRJ Bleed air knob rotates in the wrong direction in the VC...maybe the 2D as well but I didnt check that.3. When the sun is behind you in the ultralight, the windscreen blocks the shadow out when the shadow is placed in front of the windscreen.Hope this helps!!

Well Larry, I don't know. *Something* must be wrong with your DX, or maybe your graphics card driver install, or Win install, I would think.I have a similar system (AMD 3700+, 2 gigs ram, 7800 GT with 84.19 driver) and a SB Audigy.I'm sure a format and fresh OS install would solve it. If it's been a long time, it might be worth it. I know that's a huge hassle (backing up everything, reinstalling everything) but I am of the opinion that sometimes that's the best way to go. 10 years ago, with those not-so-good versions of Windows (Win95, Win3.x) I would reinstall about every year. At least XP is much better product--it can actually be run for 2-3 years between re-installs. :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest nigel28

hehe, that pic above makes me think of the line from The Twilight Zone "You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone"