Sign in to follow this  
ricky1088

GTN 750 and FSX Steam (resolved)

Hello

Bought the GTN750 yesterday and had so far installed into FSX box without problem however I had spent the past

several tiring hours and still happening  locating the opening screen with the fsx steam tab . obviously I wanted to install the

gauge into fsx steam aircrafts as well.

Also I noticed the software installed without a desktop icon however it did create a Reality XP GTN user manual. I had let it installed into the default location i.e.

1.Garmin folder was created in Window7/Program Files (x86)

2.Reality   XP folder created in Same as above

3.In programData , Another Garmin folder and Reality XP Folder

Realising  the missing desktop icon, I went on to create 2 short cut icon ,as such. Aviation Trainer Launcher and Garmin Trainer shortcut.. Is this right.

Pls help me . I want to install into steam aircrafts.

Thank you

regards..

ricky

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand what the problem is.

First there is no need to manually launch the trainer, our add-on takes care of this behind the scene. The shortcuts you've created for the Garmin trainer will therefore serve no purpose for our gauge, but this certainly will help you when you want to run it standalone.

No, you mention having installed to FSX without any problem, but not in FSX-SE? or are you referring to the same and only 1 FSX?

To better answer your question though: I'd suggest you open the User's Manual | Getting Started

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello

The question here is I can't find the initial page where we are given the option to install to fsx , fsx steam or p3d which I seriously considering buying soon.

Where is that  page.

Thanks for quick response

ricky

The RXP GTN software installer offers this choice. Just select the simulators you wish to install to in the list!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

56 minutes ago, ricky1088 said:

The question here is I can't find the initial page where we are given the option to install to fsx , fsx steam or p3d which I seriously considering buying soon.

Where is that  page.

It appears you have the RXP software and GTN trainer installed.
No need to ever launch the trainer while FSX Steam is running. It runs in the background (unseen).
Now you want to install (add) gauge to aircraft.
Your next step is to start FSX. Select aircraft to install GTN gauge. Go to Menu|Add-ons|Reality GTN| click on Set up Aircraft. See page 4 of the RXP GTN 750/650 TOUCH User’s Manual.

• Like 1

Hi Good morning both gentleman

I had already successfully installed software into FSX box acceleration and is working the way it should, but when I head over to fsx steam , in the 

addon tab ,there is no RXP  gauge aircrafts install option .

So now what I want to know, is where is the option to install to FSX Steam.

To Jean: Do you mean I will have to re install the software in order that the steam option is make available again .

I have no install issue with all my other software and I really spent quiet a sum on simulation addon, like 1 instance, over at orbx, my scenery investment there bought  at FSS store 

is over $2000.00. for weather engine itself ,I own 4. like legacy flight environment X , Opus, REX, and HI Fi Technologies complete with Active sky cloud Art, aircrafts like Aerosoft,A2A etc...

Really NO issue with them all, I can install into fsx box and also fsx steam. so what is wrong here , I don't know.

Lastly , can I ask for a refund if I can't get it to work in Steam

Thank you

ricky

Hi,

1) have you selected FSX-SE in addition to FSX during installation?

2) if not, can you re-run the RXP GTN software installer (extracted to C:\RealityXP) and select the FSX-SE option?

3) otherwise, the issue is most likely DLL.xml related and I'd advise you read the "troubleshooting" section of the RXP GTN User's Manual.

Hi Jean

1.   No, I  didn't know it can 1 install to both simulator i.e. fsx and fsx steam.This time round, will click both simulators.

I will do a reinstall on top of existing and see how things goes 

Now in office, can only try when reach home tonight after work.

Thanks. cheers

ricky

Hi Saviour, Jean and Bill

As per your instructions, a reinstall and clicked both simulators platform  seem to have nailed the problem and

I am now all set. Next, as with flightsim ,  more reading and less flying:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks a lot for the BIG help

Cheers

ricky

• Like 1