Sign in to follow this  
sholay

Realair FDE for default C172 - fix for no gauges in FSX?

So, I am many years behind, I know. I am looking for a way to use old, excellent, RealAir FDE for default C172. Actually just copy/paste worked fine. HOWEVER no gauges at all. I have read half of Intenets with no luck. Does anyone remember how to fix that?

ugcx_banner.png

Why are you trying to use a payware FDE in your default C172?  I would recommend the A2A C-172.

Sorry, didn't realize there was a freeware C-172 FDE for FS2004 available.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Why are you trying to use a payware FDE in your default C172?  I would recommend the A2A C-172.

I think he is referring to the freeware RealAir C172 that was created for a flying club in Australia.

If that's the case then all that should be required is to copy the RealAirSimulationsC172SP.air to the C172 directory and update the aircraft.cfg to reflect sim=RealAirSimulationsC172SP

The panel should be the default C172sp panel, so gauges shouldn't be affected.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Unfortunately still this:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/nnFyc3S"><a href="//imgur.com/nnFyc3S"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/nnFyc3S"><a href="//imgur.com/nnFyc3S"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am sorry, I have no idea how to embed picture. The screen is here: https://imgur.com/a/nnFyc3S

Edited by sholay

ugcx_banner.png

Hmm.. Never had that problem myself. 

Did you by chance copy the entire RAS172_fs9 folder over to the default C172 folder or just the two files mentioned?

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

On 12/11/2018 at 9:18 PM, airernie said:

Hmm.. Never had that problem myself. 

Did you by chance copy the entire RAS172_fs9 folder over to the default C172 folder or just the two files mentioned?

Ernie

Hi,

Not at all. What I did is I copied only .air and .cfg files to FSX folder for C172.

But let me try this other solution then.

Andrzej

ugcx_banner.png