Sign in to follow this  
philipp00sk8

New to X-plane. Help for add-ons

hi a finally decide to buy x-plane. i flightsim since 2003 with fs9/fsx and now p3d and now x-plane. i buy 737 ixeg and this is a master piece. for the weather engine a would wait for active sky xp because in p3d active sky is the best...and don't know if a need something like orbx global in x-plane. For now the only bad thing is the lack of season...

thank for your help have great day

Philippe Tremblay

sorry for my english i'm french canadian

Salut Philippe, cousin québécois 😉

I suppose you have XP11. Welcome! Me too I installed XP 11 recently (but I keep P3D).

AS for XP should be out soon now.

Looks like you have what you need regarding airliners. Otherwise, if needed there is also the Flight Factor A320 and 777, and also Toliss A319.

For light aircrafts I recommend Airfoil Labs C172.

Check also the Reality Expansion Pack https://www.simcoders.com/reality-expansion-pack/overview  It is a kind of Accusim for XP.

For helicopter I recommend the Dreamfoil Bell 407.

Regarding sceneries, personally I find that the default scenery is quite good and immersive so I decided to stay with it. I am not aware of a equivalent of Global FTX etc. for XP.

For textures, shaders, moon, water... I don't know since I'm not interested in such utilities at this time.

For flight planning, Goodway is very famous in the XP community. Personally I had already FSTramp for P3D which work also for XP.

If you are looking for a view management utility, something like EZDok or Chase Plane for P3D, then on XP, X-Camera is the way to go.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Welcome to the family, Philippe! You have made a great decision on the IXEG 737, wonderful aircraft. Good idea to purchase Active Sky XP. 

I would also recommend the 737 Classic or 727 from FlyJSim. TerraMaxx also has the ability for seasons in X-Plane. 

World Traffic 3 is a great for AI traffic. 

Also don't forget to research a lot of the great freeware available at x-plane.org. Any scenery from MisterX6 is well worth it. 

The Zibo Mod to the default 737 is a must have as well. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

5 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

World Traffic 3 is a great for AI traffic. 

See now I thinks it's horrible.  other than that, I totally agree

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

See now I thinks it's horrible.  other than that, I totally agree

Bought it - have never figured out how it works.

I understand, I can use it but it's a real pain to always have to load ground routes and airport traffic. No route traffic available. I hardly ever use it.

• Like 1

If you’re looking for a decent payware airport in Quebec, CYUL was released by Fly Global Art within the last month or so.  Also, there is a ton of great Canadian freeware out there, you should spend some time looking around the x-plane.org download library.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

As mentioned, get everything by MisterX6.  Guy's a genius.  Your first install should be Airport Environment HD. It will super update every default airport.

Can HIGHLY recommend the following

- X-Camera. Totally needed if you have TrackIR. but excellent even if you do not. Not free, but cheap and worth every cent.

- Carenado DO-228 is great for a GA aircraft. Not free.
- Pilot2ATC (and X-ATC-Chatter) if you want a good ATC system. Not free.

- Little Nav Map - best Flight planner out there and free. Plan-G also very good for GA stuff and free.

- X-Organiser - great for organising your scenery, plugins, etc. Free

- BetterPushback. Free

- RealityXP GTN750 (not free). Brilliant GPS system replacement. Worth every cent.

- Autogate. Free

- FlyWithLUA (some really good scripts that work with this. XPRealistic being one that you need). Free

There is no really good weather system as yet. The default XP 11 is not bad, so for now would stick with that. xEnviro not recommeneded.

• Upvote 1

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

15 hours ago, kneighbour said:

RealityXP GTN750 (not free). Brilliant GPS system replacement. Worth every cent.

Thank you for your kind words! Et si je puis ajouter, fait au Québec aussi 😉

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

16 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you for your kind words! Et si je puis ajouter, fait au Québec aussi 😉

Can you PLEASE make the GTN Mac compatible??  You're losing 50%(+-) of the X-Plane market who are screaming for it.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, philipp00sk8 said:

hi a finally decide to buy x-plane. i flightsim since 2003 with fs9/fsx and now p3d and now x-plane. i buy 737 ixeg and this is a master piece. for the weather engine a would wait for active sky xp because in p3d active sky is the best...and don't know if a need something like orbx global in x-plane. For now the only bad thing is the lack of season...

thank for your help have great day

Philippe Tremblay

sorry for my english i'm french canadian

Zibo Mod 737- Simply amazing for freeware. 

Active Sky XP- I am using this with Sky Maxx Pro 4.7.  Works very well together.  Stay away from Xenviro for now. 

MisterX Sceneries- Again awesome freeware scenery.

Ortho4XP V1.30- This IMO is what makes XP awesome.  Make your own photo scenery.  Get it and learn how to use it.  Get a big hard drive.  Install is a little complicated and there is a learning curve to use it properly.  Lots of YouTube videos to help u out.  Spend the time to learn it properly and it will change your XP world plus it is all free. 

Airfoil LABS C172- A2A quality

Airport Environment HD- Again freeware.  Textures are amazing.

X Camera

ATC chatter

Alpilotx HD and UHD mesh- Great scenery.  Can use with Ortho4XP for your overlay.

Xplane.org- All kinds of lighting, shader, and sky color mods to make your sim look great for free.

World Traffic 3- Best AI traffic program.  Quite a learning curve but works well.  Unfortunately there is not a AI traffic program for XP that is set and forget like UT Live.

Multi Crew for XP

Matt Wilson

@GoranM Hi, I'd love to, but our product uses the Garmin Trainer which is a Windows only program, and I've commented in the past in our forums, there are technological solutions to make it run on MacOs but we were not satisfied with the results at the time.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)