Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

748 Loading issue

Hopefully someone can jump in with advice....I updated to 4.4, all works fine and last night I tried my first 748 flight, however I was unable to load. This doesn't happen with NGX or 777 (currently in the Air). When open Load Vehicles I can see 748 but when selected got message can't load the plane in p3d. I checked OC and and I needed to repair one Livery. I did it but still couldn't load. This only happens with 747-8. I've seen here on the forum some had problem with everything but I have only with this equipment.

Thanks

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Hopefully someone can jump in with advice....I updated to 4.4, all works fine and last night I tried my first 748 flight, however I was unable to load. This doesn't happen with NGX or 777 (currently in the Air). When open Load Vehicles I can see 748 but when selected got message can't load the plane in p3d. I checked OC and and I needed to repair one Livery. I did it but still couldn't load. This only happens with 747-8. I've seen here on the forum some had problem with everything but I have only with this equipment.

Thanks

What is the exact error message you receive? Does this happen with the default liveries as well?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

32 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

What is the exact error message you receive? Does this happen with the default liveries as well?

Hi Chris,

I haven't tried with default liveries....Error box shows unable to load (currently flying 777, will check and report exactly what it says). But basically, I can see Delta 748 livery on the list, once a select (click on it), it switches to other screen like everything is ok, but I am unable to see preview. Everything else (NGX and 777) loads properly with all liveries.

I had to repair livery as per OC instruction. But after that as I mentioned earlier, still unable to load 748. I haven't tried 744. And yes, I do have latest version.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

HI Chris,

error box with:

failed to startup the flight model PMDG747-8 Delta Air Lines (N662US|2018Fictional)

And I tried my Cargo 748 and it works.....So obviously I have issue with this livery. Should I remove? And how?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

So obviously I have issue with this livery. Should I remove? And how?

Remove and install liveries with the OC.  In this case delete the Delta B748 livery, then use the Livery Download to install the same.  Not sure how you repaired when you said you first repaired the livery, it could have been a couple of things (missing or orphan) but you were not specific enough.  Give the remove/install a shot.

Dan Downs KCRP

47 minutes ago, downscc said:

Remove and install liveries with the OC.  In this case delete the Delta B748 livery, then use the Livery Download to install the same.  Not sure how you repaired when you said you first repaired the livery, it could have been a couple of things (missing or orphan) but you were not specific enough.  Give the remove/install a shot.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding to my question....After it failed to load in to sim, I opened OC and had update warning. It reported that I needed to repair livery. I assumed that livery in question is Delta, since that one wouldn't load. After repairing I tried loading again but I wasn't able to do anything. Now I removed as suggested but nothing happens.Same thing.....Once 748 is selected it returns to screen, usual preview is not available, blank, and on vehicle chosen still shown default F22...?!

Now, here is where fun begins. I installed United 748, and same thing! Really odd that passenger version is not loading properly at all, same error message displays. And cargo version installed works and loads as it should. After latest update to 4.4 nothing has been installed to my SIM.

Why only this one I have no clue. Needles to say that everything else, including PMDG products work as it should.

Thanks for trying to help......

P.S. What I just noticed, comparing 748F and 748 folders, that 748F folder has file 747-8F.air and 748 doesn't. If that means anything....

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex, please open a support ticket to get this cleared up.  They will ask for a few log files and they will fix it for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Alex, please open a support ticket to get this cleared up.  They will ask for a few log files and they will fix it for you.

Thanks Dan,

I guess that will be best way to solve this strange issue. Thank you

Aaron,

There are two separate expansion products available...one for FSX and one for P3D.

https://pmdg.com/all-products/

Assuming you have the 744 Base package for FSX, yes, there is an expansion pack available to you. 

I'm running the combo in P3D...if I recall correctly, there are some limitations (based on the 32 bit sim) for the 748 expansion in FSX, ie, not all features are simulated.

Rob

Edited by rmeier