Sign in to follow this  
Michael Coldewey

Strange Taxi Instructions

Hi all,

sometimes, I get strange taxi instructions with unexpected routing. See screenshots. I am heading south, but taxi instructions are given to north and crossing runway and its a way to long, but shorter taxi route definitions are available (see second screenshot). Anything I can do here to avoid this?

Cheers,
Michael

2qd6b86.jpg

2vj7x95.jpg

The taxi algorithm is trying to get you to the very end of the defined runway, which in this case is at the end of the overrun.  To take the shorter route, you would have to backtrack to the end of the runway or take the diagonal path away from the desired hold short point and be on the runway to get to it.  The program will avoid backtracking or taxiing on a runway if at all possible, so in fact, it is probably giving the shortest route that conforms to those rules.

You could modify the taxi route definition to include a connecting taxiway across the diagonal and that might do the trick.  It might be more trouble than it's worth unless this airport is your primary airport.

Dave

Hi Dave,

this perfectly explain the behaviour. Thanks a lot. Know that I know that, its totally fine for me. Thought, that I made something wrong here.

Yes it is my homebase, but normally I start at a gate, so it does not really matter.

BTW: Impressive response time 🙂

Cheers,

Michael