Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Eaglesoft 40% off

The eaglesoftdg website has a Merry Xmas 40% off coupon.  I hope this is correct.  If so, I will grab the Citation X and skip all the Carenados I’ve been eye-ballin’ 

This might not be the place to ask, but aren't Eagelsoft effectively dormant now? I know they made quality stuff historically (indeed I own their Citation X) but I don't think they've released anything in ages or updated anything to P3Dv4? So by all means grab a bargain but bear in mind support and upgrade may be limited.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The site shows Generation IV Products which will be compatible with P3DV4.  Generation III Products are for P3DV3 and below.  I could not find a link to buy the Citation X in Generation III or IV.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No. Citation X was a beautiful if dated bizjet. But it’s for FSX and P3D V3. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

There are no product links on the Generation 3 or Gen 4 pages, as such I deem them a statement of intent rather than anything concrete. It seems Generation 2 is the latest one to have working product links and stuff you can purchase. And to my knowledge those were released a loooong time ago, hence my believing Eaglesoft are at least partially dormant.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

That's a real disappointment. I was happy to see them actually have a sale (pretty rare from them, I think), but the previous posters are correct: there don't seem to be any Gen 4 options for purchase or over half of the gen 3. It's too bad, like Dreamfleet did from days of yore, this company seems to be fading away with only a website left hanging out there. I would have loved to have a new XLS though.

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

That's a real disappointment. I was happy to see them actually have a sale (pretty rare from them, I think), but the previous posters are correct: there don't seem to be any Gen 4 options for purchase or over half of the gen 3. It's too bad, like Dreamfleet did from days of yore, this company seems to be fading away with only a website left hanging out there. I would have loved to have a new XLS though.

Hi Scott,

Ron was in here a few days ago - on a business jet thread - he stated they are actively working on projects - and they update status on FB - I don't do FB so I haven't looked...

Yeah - I'd take either the XLS or the Challenger - - - for some reason the Citation X never really appealed to me...

I think the Challenger has a very similar cockpit to the CRJ - too bad they couldn't work out a code sharing deal to speed development with AS...

Hopefully - ESG not trying to break any development time records set by AS... Is it getting close - LOL ?

I like this chubby guppy looking BizJet for whatever the reason...

Challenger605.jpg

Although - the modeling on this one looks pretty darn good...

24837434_1679055368831904_81088525740914

And rounding out all three "Open" projects...

10676383_866239430113506_824187559467637

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Checked out their site and no sign of a sale present.  Used to be a big fan and would consider 40% off for a multi-platform DA42, but as I said, no sign of a sale.

The Citation X is still one of the best addons for FSX IMO.  A bit dated on the graphics but the realism is to such a level that I can over-look that easily. Well worth the $30 to me.