Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

Duxfod Scenery

Hi Folks. Does anybody know of a good freeware scenery for Duxford EGSU for P3Dv4 please

Thank you

John

It's probably covered by UK2000's VFR airfields Volume 2. You'll also see a pretty good freeware scenery on flyawaysimulation.com. Unsure whether it is available for P3D, but it would be a pretty easy step to see if it works or not I would have thought.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

It's probably covered by UK2000's VFR airfields Volume 2

I can confirm that it definitely is in UK2000's VFR Airfields Volume 2 Version 2. And it is excellent. I live close by and visit it often by bicycle. It very closely resembles the actual airfield. Most of the airliners on display to the west of the control tower are up to date, but a few other aircraft on display are no longer there, but to my mind this is not a big deal, as the general appearance of the airfield is so accurate. I have also done touch and go circuits at Duxford several months ago when I was taking flying lessons, and it was a real treat.

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I would say fine, but not perfect.

John did request freeware and this is the best freeware version that I have come across.

Regards,

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

So the IWM version works fine in P3D v4?

Yeah their scenery was fine in v3.   I don't know if i checked it in v4.  I know ACG's Wattisham 1993 works in v4.  

The Duxford Airshow scenery is pretty cool complete with WWII AI.  The AI do work in v4.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Using the FSX version in P3Dv4 will work fine. All AI is FSX native, so no problems...

Edited by Manschy

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get some Duxford scenery!  I visited Duxford for the first time last September a couple of days before the big Airshow.  Unfortunately, it was during the passing of Storm Ali, so nothing was flying that day (too windy).  Great museum, though.  I should schedule my next UK trip to catch an airshow!

Cheers,

Gerald