Sign in to follow this  
DFGTFSX

Default learjet 45 landing gear bug

Anybody have an issue with the default learjet 45 where the landing gear alert sound plays even if its down? I also got the "too low gear" warning on final and the warning buzz keeps playing even after landing. Game version is FSX deluxe with acceleration.

More than likely you are getting the GWS warning and your flaps are not where the aircraft thinks they show be.  That also applies to the "too low, gear" warning.  If it bugs you too much you can do this:

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 0    //Normal  (set to 0 eliminates the warning)<-------------------
pct_throttle_limit =  0.1     //Percent throttle that activates warning
flap_limit_idle    = 15.0     //Flap angle that activates warning at idle
flap_limit_power   = 30.0     //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I could not replicate.  I only got a warning sound if I lowered the flaps w/o lowering the gear.  Once the gear went down, the warning sound went off. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 minutes ago, DFGTFSX said:

I suppose the yellow light aren't supposed to be on?

No they should be extinguished after landing.

gear_down.png.6b2f8ea914c194d7a46e887714d5261e.png

This was taken after my latest landing at Boeing Field.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just noticed your image has Nose on top of Steer.  Mine shows Nose Steer on one line.  I am using the default Lear with Deluxe/Acceleration.

Submit News to AVSIM

That picture was taken from my laptop which has learjet 45 enchancements installed. It also happens on my tower pc which doesn't have the enhancements. Though I managed to fix it by entering slew mode on ground.

Good to know.  Appears the learjet enhancements are creating your problems.  I like your panel though!  Much clearer.  But I'm through with the default lear and only have FSX installed to possibly help others like you.

Submit News to AVSIM

Is your picture from the 3D vc? Mine is the 2D panel and it appears the same on my tower pc, with the nose on top of skid and everything, I just checked. 

Oh, I'm so stupid, managed to replicate it by extending landing gear when going above 260kts. Now I remembered that I accidentally extended the landing gear high up in the air. Well problem solved, I guess.

Pilot error?  Who's a thunk it:rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: