Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

Which is the best,

Hello all,

I am looking for a bi-turbo and I would like to have opinions.

For FSX

Which is the best, between:

Carenado F50, 

S340 Carenado

BAe JS 4100 PMDG

Dash 8 Q400 Majestic software Pilote edition

Thank you in advance for your advice

Best regards

Dom

6 minutes ago, seahawks said:

Maserati did have a Biturbo a few decades ago 😉

The Majestic Dash8 is in its own class, well above the rest.

Shame on you for putting the Majestic Q400 in the same list with those others. 😎 The Majestic Q400 is indeed in its own class. It is my personal favorite addon plane ever (though I fly it in P3D). Partially because of the plane itself, partially because it's simulated extremely well. I like the plane because it's great for the rather short domestic flights I like to fly AND it is the kind of plane you can actually learn inside out up to every detail AND it keeps you seriously busy: never a dull moment (apart from cruise). And Majestic did a terrific job on simulating almost everything. Imho it's not the best looking addon (some low res textures, some non-3D buttons, etc.) but nevertheless it's my personal favorite EVER.

Majestic Q400 is a whole other level of awesome with externally simulated flight dynamics and pretty much full systems simulation. The PMDG J41 is on a similar level with a nice TPE331 geared turboprop simulation but no sign of if/when it'll ever make it to P3Dv4. I own both.

All the Carenado stuff is a lot simpler, so easier but not as involving to fly, although I believe the Saab 340 is kinda semi-advanced I expect a lot of the switches in it are dummies. You'd probably need to retrofit a RealityXP GPS unit in to it for modern IFR LNAV.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Maserati did have a Biturbo a few decades ago 😉

The Majestic Dash8 is in its own class, well above the rest.

Thanks

Maserati did have a Biturbo a few decades ago :marah:

3 hours ago, J van E said:

Shame on you for putting the Majestic Q400 in the same list with those others. 😎

I do not know who you are talking to. To be ashamed?? Shame on you for this kind of response
I only want to have opinions, I do not know any of these add-ons. It seems to me that Majestic Q400 is quite complete, now in 2018 does not have non-3D buttons, it's a bad point.
For me it is the PMDG my favorite, but  I am looking a plane for short flights aircraft

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Majestic Q400 is a whole other level of awesome with externally simulated flight dynamics and pretty much full systems simulation. The PMDG J41 is on a similar level with a nice TPE331 geared turboprop simulation but no sign of if/when it'll ever make it to P3Dv4. I own both.

All the Carenado stuff is a lot simpler, so easier but not as involving to fly, although I believe the Saab 340 is kinda semi-advanced I expect a lot of the switches in it are dummies. You'd probably need to retrofit a RealityXP GPS unit in to it for modern IFR LNAV.

Thank you for your answer, for me it is only on FSX that I asked my question.
P3D or other does not interest me

Regards

Dash 8 Q400 Majestic software the best

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

1 hour ago, seahawks said:

It seems to me that Majestic Q400 is quite complete, now in 2018 does not have non-3D buttons, it's a bad point.

You mean 2D panel? The pro edition has full 2D panels, the pilot edition just has popups for the main displays. To be honest, I don't miss the 2D panels.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I agree with those who recommend the Majestic Q400 - it is arguably the best turboprop simulation ever.

Another consideration, as you are using FSX with its 4GB VAS limit, is that the VAS footprint of the Majestic Q400 (and to be fair the PMDG J41) is considerably less than Carenado Fokker 50 or SF340, both of which have very high VAS usage. This means that you can use the Q400 with resource intensive scenery and fly it into resource intensive addon airports without worrying too much about VAS induced OOM crashes.

Bill

Edited by scianoir
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hello all,

For FSX

Which is the best, between:

Carenado F50, 

S340 Carenado

BAe JS 4100 PMDG

Dash 8 Q400 Majestic software Pilote edition

Thank you in advance for your advice

Best regards

Dom

While I certainly cannot say it is the best because I have not tried them all, I like the Carenado Shorts 360 because it is low and slow yet fulfills those regional airliner niches very well, plus it has the very large windows for the pilots and/or pax point of view.  The flight model is good, the autopilot is very good with an IAS hold for cruise climb, it takes off and it lands very well, dead on the centerline without too much crosswind difficulty or ground handling issues.  It is one pilot capable, small workload without complex avionics to wear down the pilot on approach and landing.  The Carenado Citation 550 is of a similar mode.  And if and when you upgrade to P3D, you can log back into your download page, even on a new computer, and download the aircraft again without having to purchase a new license, which some vendors require.  Most, but not all of my Xplane11 and P3D add on aircraft are Carenado, I have other aircraft, like the Xplane11 Aerobask Eclipse, that are more systems immersive and have better, more realistic flight planners and avionics, including in the cockpit charts and approach charts.

John

Thank you all for your very positive responses. Since I use a lot of very complex scenery and airports, Bill's info is very useful to me, so I'm going to consider buying dash 8 :smile:

Best regards

have good days

Dom

13 hours ago, seahawks said:

I do not know who you are talking to. To be ashamed?? Shame on you for this kind of response

It seems you are not familiar with the concept of emoticons, also called smileys...? 😎 Or with humour...? 😜

38 minutes ago, J van E said:

It seems you are not familiar with the concept of emoticons, also called smileys...? 😎 Or with humour...? 😜

I presume it's a language barrier thing. Avsim has a lot of users from all around the world, so I occasionally find it's prudent sometimes to avoid idioms, they don't always translate very well, and sometimes not at all!

I'm personally 'over the moon' about the performance of the Majestic Dash 8 Q400, but in saying that, I wouldn't want people to think it had a service ceiling of 238,855 miles, just because they'd never heard that saying in their native tongue lol.

And back with the original topic, assuming that when we say 'best', we are referring to the 'best simulation', then the answer is of course that it is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400: With the possible exception of the FSL A320, the Majestic Dash 8 is almost certainly the best simulated airliner you can get for either FSX or P3D, not least because it's a real bargain in terms of price for something which is so accurate and complete a simulation of the real thing.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, J van E said:

I know emoticons and smileys, the whole world uses them, but I also know not to make fun of others 😏