Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

Which is the best,

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I presume it's a language barrier thing. Avsim has a lot of users from all around the world, so I occasionally find it's prudent sometimes to avoid idioms, they don't always translate very well, and sometimes not at all!

Hi Chock,

Thank you for your post. Indeed my native tongue is not English and I do not understand all the turns, while I speak 4 languages.

Next to my question and your answer, the majestic Dash 8 Q400 is presented in two versions
Pilot and pro. For me the Pro version is too expensive for this kind of plane, while I have  737, 777 and 747 from  PMDG.

What do you think of the pilot version?

Regards

The Majestic Q400 is just as complex and in-depth as anything PMDG has made, but it is cheaper. Just because the Q400 seats less people, doesn't mean it is worth less as a flight sim addon, there's a lot of work that has gone in to it to make it very accurate.

The pilot edition is fine to start with, the pro edition has an exclusive HUD/HGS, live weather in FMS, full 2D panels and more controller options. You can upgrade to Pro edition later and you just pay the price difference (not a full repurchase).

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

37 minutes ago, seahawks said:

Hi Chock,

Thank you for your post. Indeed my native tongue is not English and I do not understand all the turns, while I speak 4 languages.

Next to my question and your answer, the majestic Dash 8 Q400 is presented in two versions
Pilot and pro. For me the Pro version is too expensive for this kind of plane, while I have  737, 777 and 747 from  PMDG.

Regards

Hi Folks,

While past performance is no indication of future results - I managed to grab the Majestic Q400 Pro version for less than $50.00 during a holiday sale - might just want to watch for sales until the holidays are over ?

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Dash 8 400 .... best of the best.

Hello all,

Once again, thank you for your answers. I will wait for Christmas to see if there is a discount.

sorry for my bad English

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While past performance is no indication of future results - I managed to grab the Majestic Q400 Pro version for less than $50.00 during a holiday sale - might just want to watch for sales until the holidays are over ?

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the good idea, I will wait and watch for sales until the holidays are over ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seahawks said:

Regards

Personally I have the PRO Edition, so I couldn't really comment on what the Pilot version is like in terms of usability, but if you ask me, I honestly think it is worth paying the extra £20 for the functions that extra cost adds. The ones I particularly valued it having were: HGS, functional circuit breakers and maintenance modes, TCS mode and the additional FMS options, some of this was because of my job and so I have a work-related interest in those functions, but some of it was because I figured I'd find the aeroplane more useful to use in my flight sim with those additional features.

Certainly having an HGS is useful when flying the thing around Europe, particularly at this time of year, because I use it a lot for my virtual airline in Air Hauler 2. My virtual airline in AH2 has four Dash 8 Q400s in its fleet, three of which fly passenger routes around Europe, with the fourth one flying cargo, also around Europe. Since I always fly my AH2 flights with real world weather enabled, having an HGS means I'll always be able to land it at my intended destination airport, and that's important to me because in AH2, the intention is to make (virtual) money with the aeroplane, and so having to divert can end up being costly, and with the HGS, I can generally make it into airports even if they are completely socked in zero visibility.

If I were you, I would take a look at the features comparison chart (link below) and ask yourself if you would be happy with the particular level of functionality a specific version offers. This is what i did and decided it was worth paying a bit more for the greater level of simulation.

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 12/11/2018 at 3:50 AM, Chock said:

If I were you, I would take a look at the features comparison chart (link below) and ask yourself if you would be happy with the particular level of functionality a specific version offers. This is what i did and decided it was worth paying a bit more for the greater level of simulation.

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

Hello,

I come back late on the forum.
thanks for the idea.

Merry Christmas

Hello Chock,

It's done I bought the pro version.

Best wishes for 2019 to all

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here