Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

PMDG 737 and 747V3 wind uploads from AS16

Hello Everyone,

is it possible in the PMDG 737 and 747 to upload automatically the winds from Active Sky 16 like it is done in the 777? unfortunately I havent found the way to do this. If its possible how can I do it?

Thanks for your feedback!

Felipe

in the 747 it works pretty much the same way as the 777. go to the legs page, route data, send request, etc.. you have to load your flight plan into active sky for everything to work properly i think.

in the 737 there is no import for data at the waypoints but if you load the flight plan into AS and look at the briefing page you can get the avg wind speed/dir for the trip and plug it in on the perf init pages and it will be reasonably accurate at least for shorter flights..

cheers,

-andy crosby

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. What can be the reason that I am not able to see this option in the PMDG 747 V3? I normally plan in PFPX then export the flight plan into PMDG as folllowed:

PMDG 777: C:\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777

PMDG 737: C:\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

PMDG 747: C:\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747 --> here i used PMDG B777(P3D) from PFPX and just changed the adress. 

for some reason it is not uploading in the FMC...

Thanks for any help!

Sincerly,

Felipe 

On 12/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, felipeturbay said:

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. What can be the reason that I am not able to see this option in the PMDG 747 V3?

sorry for the slow reply, i have been busy for the holidays and not much time on this forum. unfortunately i do not have any specific advice, that looks basically the same as how it is setup on my computer. maybe you should post in the pmdg support forum areas as they might have someone there who can suggest other ideas. i don't recall off the top of my head any reasons why it wouldn't work though.. good luck!
cheers,-andy crosby