Sign in to follow this  
ben.sinn

pmdg 777 is rocking up and down

https://youtu.be/t2GjT8UcpsQ

my 777 rocks up and down as soon as the cruise altitude is reached. FMC everything correctly entered. Also turn off VNAV and turn on ALT Hold does not bring any improvement. I am at a loss. I have 777 already reinstalled. I turned off ActiveSky. only FS2 crew runs in addition

Move your FSUIPC.ini file to the desktop... I notice your stabilator is pretty far forward and i suspect something is corrupting the controls.  First suspect is always FSUIPC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Mine is continually trimming the stab to full nose up in flight. I used the L and R stab disconnect switches to disable the drive, but does moving this file to the desktop fix that? If not, what can be done?

13 hours ago, Speed Of Flight said:

Mine is continually trimming the stab to full nose up in flight. I used the L and R stab disconnect switches to disable the drive, but does moving this file to the desktop fix that? If not, what can be done?

It might, if you have FSUIPC installed.

Sounds more like you have a button for trim up set up, and it's stuck on. That or a hardware trim axis set in FSX/P3D that you haven't set to neutral (or removed from your hardware setup if you're not using it).

Kyle Rodgers

I agree, and I thought of that also. I have a thumb wheel for pitch trim, but it was set to neutral. Also, the "ALTN TRIM" control was set to the center position on preflight. I dont know what happened. Cycling either/both stop to stop didn't seem to help, and trim was going to full nose up. After a little bit, and using the disconnect switches, it stopped, and I can't explain why. I'll try again. At work, I'd have cycled the circuit breaker. Odd.

5 minutes ago, Speed Of Flight said:

I have a thumb wheel for pitch trim, but it was set to neutral.

Ideally, an up/down toggle should be assigned. That way, it's always "neutral" and better reflects the up/down trim switch in modern jets. The wheel could still be causing it. Check on the calibration screen to see if the center position still registers somehow.

Kyle Rodgers