Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Missing MMSSTDFMT.DLL FILE

Just when you think you are done, a new problem. A couple of weeks ago or so, I had everything installed into P3D v4.4, to include Radar Contact.  All was just great.  A couple of days ago, I uninstalled FSX SE with REVO Uninstaller which seemed to get rid of a lot of folders and files.  The next day I set up a cross country and clicked on Radar Contact to open it.  Clicked on the flight plan window and got a Runtime Error 713 reflecting Class not Registered, and I needed to install the file.  Ran a CP sfc/scannow which didn't find any violations; and a DISM /Online /Cleanup=image /Restore Health which said it was successfull. 

I have spent the last two hours going over a couple of threads regarding this Subject and I feel at this point I am drifting off course.  I went thru the CP %systemroot%\ systemwow64, enter and then regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll.  I was treated to a Reg Svr 32 window stating:  * the module msstdfmt.dll failed to load.  *Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files (I haven't a clue what this means). * The specified module could not be found. 

Radar Contact must be the only program using this file.  Everything else in my new P3D setup is working great.  RC worked great until I uninstalled Steam.  I have run searches all through this PC with out locating the file.  I'm going out to the barn now and do the treadmill.  The wife is demanding I come out of the study.  Thanks guys,

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

Mike,

I’m pretty sure that file is part of the VB Runtime collection. Google that and you should be able to find it. Then follow the pinned instructions to register it. You may need to de register it first. That’s done with the /u switch I think.

Alternatively, reinstall RC4 over the existing one. That should install the missing file. Sorry I’m a bit vague but it’s been a few years since I last did it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That file used to come with Windows. Search for it in this conference.Do not install it directly off the Internet to avoid placing adware on your PC but down load the zip file and decompress it following the instructions. It is in a message in this forum or search  the internet for missing dll files.

I wanted to give some feed back on my progress.  First, Radar Contact is now working the way it is supposed to.  What a relief to complete my transition to P3D.  I want to set forth two items that may be of use to other flight sim pilots in the future:

1.  A few days ago I took my PC into our local internet service provider.  Jesse, the repair fellow, ran some type of scan and agreed the file was not a MS file, and was not on my PC.  I had copied a couple of the above threads and left these with him.  It took me about 30 minutes to get home, and as I got out of the car, he called me telling me my PC was ready to be picked up.  When I got there he loaded a flight and opened Radar Contact.  I couldn't believe it.  Here is how he got the .dll file:

The file is available in Exchange-2000-Tool-PST2GB a Microsoft tool that can be found here:  https://download.cnet.com/Exchange-2000-Tool-PST2GB/3001-2094_4-10731662.html

2.A hint for a project like disconnecting your PC, WiFi routers & extenders or wiring a house.  Home Depot sells a Wire Marker Booklet by Ideal at a very reasonable price where you can mark the wire you have and the port it goes to.  They will stick forever.  Then all you have to do is match letters.  This booklet is made for electritons   and will last a life time.

So, the above was the best $50 I've ever spent.  Take care, Mike  PS: Not including the booklet, I already had that.

I also had the msstdfmt.dll problem when doing a new install on FSX.  I don't recall exactly what I did but the file is found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (dated 31/03/2014).  I re-installed RC4 run as administrator.  Possibly I had to un-register and re-register (open CMD run as administrator) to get it working.  Also do a restart after installing RC4.  Doing the above should get it working.