Sign in to follow this  
Yannou073

My FSX suffers from Blurry during flight then CTD once arriv

Good morning everyone, 

My FSX often does the same thing, the departure and climb is normal with good FPS ( 10-20 ) then while I am flying the terrain gets more and more blurry and FPS remain the same but I can see evident signs of hashes, and when I start decent, I start having regular background sounds telling the memory you know, FPS are still good but the rest is very annoying, then when I approach airport I often have either the FSX didnt respond message CDT or the FSX run out of memory message, but now I save my flights before approach...

that is very annoying and if anyone had very good ways to get rid of this blurry terrain and CDT 2 messages at the end ( memory and normal message) I am very happy to follow his instruction, as I will put my PC config and My FSX.CFG

Thanks a lot to everyone who will help me :)

Regards 

Yann

FSX addons :

Active sky Next     -     FFTF Dynamic FSX       -       FSX booster Live 2018    -   many airports    - no terrains addons   - REX          -     GSX         -        AES        -              SODE                    -           Couatl ( for FSDT things)

PC Config :

Windows 7  edition Familial Premium V6.1 SP1  

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Procssor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Coeur(s), 4 Processeurs

Memoire physique RAM installée 8,00 Gb     

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

My FSX.CFG :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ukz46xhf7v9kz/fsx.cfg?dl=0

With only a 2.8GHZ CPU you have way too much going on if your sliders are too far to the right.

It looks like you copied the .cfg into your dropbox about 3 times!  Many multiple entries of the same info.

Under [Graphics] Texture_Max_Load=4096 (change to 1024)

Under [Terrain} Lod_Radius=6.5000 (change to 4.500)

Turn off Lens Flare and Light Bloom in your settings

Like I said, your sliders are too high for your CPU speed.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Also, AMD processors do not perform particularly well with MicroSoft's simulators. 

Blurry scenery is the result of your computer being unable to process everything fast enough to keep up with demand.  Basically, the CPU is overloaded and is selecting the lowest resolution, lowest level of detail textures.  Landing is one of the things that places even more load on the CPU, so if the CPU gets too hot or simply cannot process the required data or if FSX has used all of it's allocated RAM (FSX will use only 4 GB, regardless of how much RAM you have, it is a limitation of 32-bit software), you get a crash to the desktop.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks a lot everyone 

i will change all that in the Fsx.cfg

if I have to change my CPU, what should I take ? 

Intel core I7 ?

is it easy to change ? And is it easy to install without changing a lot of settings on the computer ?

thanks a lot 

yann

If he's hitting the 32-bit VAS limit, a faster CPU will not help him. He needs to turn down the detail not to lighten the burden on the CPU, but to use less memory.

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

As Luke said, this is NOT a processor issue. It is an older processor now so replacing with something newer and faster will improve FPS but it will mean a whole new computer (you cannot put an Intel i7 in to an AMD motherboard socket. And once you change the motherboard, you cannot reuse the RAM. And then the graphics card is too slow for the processor...)

CTD: I strongly recommend disabling airport sceneries you are not using with FSX Scenery Config Editor, before each flight. This is because if you fly over an airport, it is loaded in to the memory and FSX has no way to unload it, so if you fly over a lot of addon airports you will soon fill all the memory (aka RAM/VAS Virtual Address Space which is limited to 4 GB in FSX. Once the memory is full, you get a CTD via OOM (Out of memory error).

Blurries: Possibly related to the above. You could also try reducing your settings a little, as you have quite a slow system so it may be struggling to keep up. This may help the CTD/OOM situation above too. Certain things are known to very burdensome, such as moving vehicles (road, sea, airport and air) and clouds, so keep those on low settings. Unfortunately custom addon airport scenery tends to be the worst for framerates!

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Ok that’s noted so you think the best thing is to keep my computer like that ? 

and if I untick on the scenery library all the scenerys I don’t use, and I tick the ones I use will that help ? 

And for the FSX.CFG, I just noted as well that there were many times the same thing, I can delete the things that are multiplied ?

thanks 

Yes that's right, untick sceneries unless you need them for that flight. FS SCE is a good free tool for this

You should be able to delete the duplicate entries, but BACKUP your FSX.cfg first in case you break it!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg