Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

Rex 4 Textures Direct awful water animation ?!?

Hello,

I have just installed Rex 4 Textures Direct on a freshly installed Prepar3d v4.4 and the water textures are horrible. I do notice a change in the textures (e.g. typical Rex coral water textures near TNCM) but the result is more than unsatisfying. The texture transition is blocky and not smooth and the wavyness is simply to few, although I have chosen a strong wave profile. I suppose some of my settings in Rex 4 or P3d are wrong. I'm not using any addon scenery or other addon at the moment! Back in the times of FSX i used to have such nice water animations with Rex Overdrive!

Here are 2 pictures:

This is how it should look like:
REX-001_pic6.jpg

And this is roughly how ist looking:

tncmwater2.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me :(

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

Edited by 737Andi
  • Like 1

Have you posted in the REX forum? I hope that this feature is available. I'd like to change the water color in v4.4. It's way to dark in most areas.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Totally agree with you Andreas. I have previously contacted the REX team about these issues with the water, but not very much response and nothing spesific. Generally the FSX water was better than the P3D water in most aspects, especially at low altitude with REX installed. In P3D, LM has broken the water in many ways. They have come up with some improvements to the water, but also many issues that has made water look worse than FSX. I'm curious about REX Environment Force that is due to be released shortly, if this will fix the problem or not.

Edited by NorwegianAviator

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Have you posted in the REX forum? I hope that this feature is available. I'd like to change the water color in v4.4. It's way to dark in most areas.

Changing the color is not a problem at all in REX. It's the general look that appears to be a huge set-back from FSX. Especially at low altitude and over corals.

• Like 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

10 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Not yet. But I will do so in case that no one can help me here.

I just posted in the REX forum. The dev team is usually prompt to respond.

I posted years ago about the runway lights feature in REX TD. It did not work. Months later it was discovered that LM did something to the runway lighting, but it was never addressed. It was one of my favorite features in FSX. It's one of the reasons why REX TD is a forgotten addon.

Sky Force is an absolute gem of an add on when paired with ASP4. Hopefully LM will not mess this one up.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.