Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

Question's regarding Littlenavmap

Recently installed Littlenavmap for FSX. Its a great app! Have a few questions tho:

1) Can the app be accessed separately while in the cockpit? In particular, can the airport maps that show gates, taxiways, etc, and airport info be called up as a pop-up window? If so, how? I couldn't find anything about this, and I don't have a 2nd computer to keep it called up to have access to it.

2) On the airport maps, when highlighting a gate or parking spot, a distance is listed (examples are 118 or 236ft.). What are they for? They can't be a distance to a marked taxiway. Most of them are too far away.

3) Why don't terminals, buildings, parking spots, etc. show up for Military bases? You can go on Google Earth and see them, so they're not classified info. The only places you can start a flight at military bases are either the end of the runway, or the fuel stand.

Any info on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

1) Sorry, no. In a future version probably. I'd recommend a second monitor or running it remotely on an old notebook.

2) The numbers in the tooltip is the diameter of the parking spot. You can use this to check if you aircraft fits in there (wingspan or size is shown in the aircraft tab).

3) Buildings will never show up except from a background map like the OpenTopoMap.I do not read any related scenery from the simulator. The other details depend entirely on the (stock or add-on) airport scenery. I don't do anything special with military airports.
If buildings are missing in the background map: This is all based on OpenStreetMap data. Here is an example from Germany which shows buildings in a military facility: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/50.0422/8.3245

Alex

• Like 1