Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Another mega airport with beautiful architecture...

That's  the problem with flight sim out of date data airports not in the sim. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International for one.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It takes 3 to 4 years to build an airport then another 3 to 4 years to develop that new airport into Flight Sim.

Matthew Kane

33 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

It takes 3 to 4 years to build an airport then another 3 to 4 years to develop that new airport into Flight Sim.

It also takes 3-4 years to attract airlines to the new airport.  One airport, Mid America, was supposed to take off as a major reliever airport for St. Louis, but it never caught on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MidAmerica_St._Louis_Airport

Likewise we have Williams Gateway in Phoenix but it is so far from downtown only a handful of passengers use it and its low budget airlines are terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix–Mesa_Gateway_Airport

If I fly anywhere, Sky Harbor, accessible from my apartment by bus and light rail, is my choice for flights.  From my apartment I am steps away from the world, with two airlines flying now non-stop to London and one non-stop to Germany, and probably soon one non-stop to Japan, plus many non-stops into Mexico and Canada, not to mention all over the US on Southwest, Delta, United, and American.  Frontier is at the tail end with non-stops into Denver so people can go to the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park or attend a great concert at Red Rocks, or enjoy the University Vibe of Boulder, Pueblo, Ft. Collins and Colorado springs.  I flew over lovely Colorado twice last year on my non stop to and from London, that's why it is the one photoreal state I made available here at Avsim, because of the VFR beauty and flight possibilities in the state, like Durango to Denver.

John