Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Stormtrooper tries out for police force

😄

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That would be me, except when I'd fire my friend's pellet gun I could hit a target the size of a quarter from twenty feet, which spooked both of us immensely.  So I never got into weapons after I became an adult, other than laser tag and paintball.  Paintball hurts like heck so I preferred laser tag. 

My company, JDA software, our Dev department went out on a laser tag team building exercise.  A bunch of tweens challenged us to a shootout, and we would just pick them off from behind, one by one, to their anger and astonishement.  IT Developers after know gaming and mission critical software both, after all, Lucas's Industrial Light and Magic is a big IT farm.  That is why I love simming so much, add on aircraft use Computer Aided Design.  My best friend was a draftsman, old school, before computers, and we were both flightsim and RC aircraft enthusiasts back in the 80's. 

He scratched build a Wave Soarer glider, more than that he bought a $5.00 foam Kmart glider, put some servos on it, and made it an RC glider that could soar more than a half mile vs. its original soaring distance of 50 feet or so.  Foam RC aircraft are so cool albeit a bit dangerous if they get "shot down" from radio interference, which is common even with today's modern radios.  Now cell phones can guide drones, kind of amazing when you think about it. 

As for this video, I love it.  I was trained to be a hotel manager by a retired highway patrolman who also taught me the secret of how to drive over the speed limit without getting a ticket.  It is simple really, you stay with the pack and do not tailgate, or swerve in and out.  They will nail you with their radar if you are an aggressive vs. an assertive driver and if they see you using the middle finger in Arizona, you can be charged with Assault, so I suggest not to use it, just look stupid and goofy and wave if someone gets you upset.  Applies to pilots who cut ahead of you in the pattern at uncontrolled airports, as happened to me and my friend once.  However once we got on the ground I stared at the offender until he got the message to discretely walk away and learn how to fly right.  There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots, as we say.

John

2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I was trained to be a hotel manager by a retired highway patrolman who also taught me the secret of how to drive over the speed limit without getting a ticket.  It is simple really, you stay with the pack and do not tailgate, or swerve in and out.

I learned that 'trick' many decades ago. In fact, I was stopped once by a nice State Trooper who was going to ticket me...

...for being a traffic hazard. You see, I was driving at precisely the speed limit and while he admitted so, he still felt my being a good citizen was endangering the others who were driving 10 mph over the speed limit. He told me that to be a safer driver, I should keep my speed up with the majority of the other traffic, stay in the center lane if on a three lane interstate, and allow some traffic in the median lane to be just ever so much faster. In other words, let them be the "target" for any enforcement action.

I know that on the expressways around Chicago, driving at the speed limit will get you run over or into! :blink:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator