Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

Importing LNM flightplans to Majestic Q400 crashes P3Dv4.4

Hi Alex, I sent the following note toe the Majestic Q400 forum and Krosswin suggested that you might have some solutions. Please have a look at the following;

I have been importing Flight Plans successfully from little navmap into the q400 for a while including the latest version of P3D (V4.4). After a successful flight this morning t thought I would try another hop from Montreal to Boston. In trying to enter the FP, I follow the following steps in the FMS. Accept/ FPL/ and copy PLT Route. As soon as I press the PLT Route button, P3d V4.4 crashes and disappears. This is curious since all worked well before. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

the code for the Majestic flight plan export did not change for a long time.

I have no idea what I can fix there. Can you give me the link to the thread in the Majestic Q400 forum?

Alex

Alex,

This is the flight plan that started the issue.

CYULKBOS.zip

I hope this helps.

Rolf

Alex,

I don't think that worked. How do I zip a file and attach a file to a message?

Rolf

Krosswind tested the FPR and it worked for him. I sent him the following in response to his comments:

Hi, I tried loading the flight LPPT/LPMA but I got as as far as pressing the PLT button when P3D v4.4 crashed. I am using Little NavMap 2.2. I am wondering whether uninstalling and reinstalling the q400 would do the trick? I tried loading a PLN into P3Dv4 just to see if it would crash but it did not. Obviously it did not show up on the fms but it did not crash P3Dv4.4. What do you think?
Thanks for the help

Alex,

Only FPR (Majestic). The rest appear fine.

Regards,

Rolf

I mean is it only this CYULKBOS or other FPR files too?

Does is happen with user defined waypoints, airways or only waypoints?
Does it also happen with a direct flight plan which has no intermediate waypoints?

I'm asking because the guys at Majestic cannot reproduce it. Neither can I. Even with the file you sent me.

Alex

Sorry that I was not clear in my answer. In order to choose a route I need to get into the FMS and follow this procedure -

Accept/ FPL/ and copy PLT Route. As soon as I press the PLT Route button, P3d V4.4 crashes and disappears.

This means I have no options to go to the other flight plans because P3D  is gone. Normally once you press PLT it lists all of the FPR flight plans plans  in the FMS to choose from and your on your way.

Regards,

Rolf

Did I get this right: The sim crashes because the default or last flight plan is loaded automatically and you have no chance to enter a new one?

Try to delete or move the offending plan out of the way first.

Alex

I deleted the cyulkbos flight plan and tried again. Still no luck and I can't get past the crash once PLT is pressed. Recently, I purchased a 1TB SSD Drive (G) to transfer everything P3D V4.4 to the G drive from the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.... to G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4....  adding an X  C:\Program Files\Lockheed MartinX\Prepar3D v4.... to make it inactive. I installed your update after deleting the old Little Navmap in my J (SSD) drive where it was before. I reinstalled Little NavMap to my J drive. I renamed the P3D/orbx  scenery files where necessary.  I reloaded your scenery library and all went well. The other planes I have use the PLN format and they work fine. In fact even the Majestic worked great for a week or so after the changes so that did not appear to cause the problem I have now with the Majestic. On the day in question I flew from CYSJ to CYUL with the LNM plan waited at the airport ready to take off when I was interrupted with everything running. After an hour I was free and loaded the CYUL > KBOS plan and that was it. I am tempted to uninstall the Majestic and reinstall it.  

What do you think? 

Rolf