Sign in to follow this  
antic81

Orbx True Earth GB dark generic houses

Hi All,

Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the houses appear very dark in my Xplane 11 Orbx True Earth. It looks more like the generic houses rather than the additional scenery. I am pretty new to Xplane so I am a little unfamiliar with it.

My system is an I7 8700, 1080TI, 32GB Ram, Xplane is on an SSD, runs great, just the houses seem to ruin things a bit, trees look great and the added buildings do to.

I did take a few screenshots but I don't think I can post them here?

Im using the Beta 11.30 B7 build (I noticed the same on the B6 build)

Has anyone got any ideas?

Settings are: Visuals: High HDR

Texture Quality: Max

Antialiasing: 2 x SSAA +FXAA

No shadows on Scenery

World Objects:High

Reflection Detail: Second Medium.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

Edited by antic81

Anthony Milner

Just having a bit of a play with the K and L keys and it seems to be to be affected by sun position, it looks fine until the sun reaches about midday, then some of the houses seem to go darker than the rest in a rather unnatural way, not all, but large groups seem to go a lot darker than the surrounding area. Again not sure if this is making any sense to anyone!

I don't have an additional shader addons installed.

Many thanks,

Anthony Milner

Yes I know exactly what you mean and this is one my pet peeves about X-Plane 11's lighting. At certain times of the day it makes the trees and buildings look overly dark or glow bright depending on the viewing angle. As I'm flying I end up constantly changing the time of the day to get rid of it as it's a complete immersion killer to me.

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Yes I know exactly what you mean and this is one my pet peeves about X-Plane 11's lighting. At certain times of the day it makes the trees and buildings look overly dark or glow bright depending on the viewing angle. As I'm flying I end up constantly changing the time of the day to get rid of it as it's a complete immersion killer to me.

Ah yes, the radioactive trees. They're especially noticeable when you see a big forest mass glowing like that. I think with the trees it's mainly a back-lighting glitch. Trees back-lit at a low angle should be dark, not semi-transparent. It's like the sim is swapping in a wrong texture or something.

It showed up in the first version of XP11, and I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet. It's annoying. I guess Austin doesn't look at trees that much.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Ah! I must not have ever noticed it before!

So its not just me then! Thanks for letting me know, do you know if any of the shader programmes make any difference? Xvision was one I was thinking about?

Thanks!

Anthony Milner

12 minutes ago, antic81 said:

Xvision was one I was thinking about?

It certainly improves and makes things brighter and less dull, but the radioactive glowing trees and dark buildings still happen. Hopefully they'll look at it in the next beta.