Sign in to follow this  
mattwilkins1

Saitek Yoke PTT button Stuck on Once pressed

Hi. Can anyone suggest a fix to this? I’m using 2.5.05. When I set the Saitek Yoke PTT button all seems well. PTT indication only comes on when pressed. Problem is it stays on once the physical button is released and pressing again doesn’t seem to have any effect. I have a CH throttle button set up as a workaround, I’d love to get the proper button working though; at heavy workload times I need three arms to operate the PTT on the throttle. 

I have checked and the key is not assigned in Spad.next or FSUIPC  

Very grateful for any suggestions  

Sounds like the Saitek yoke button is not generating the Button Released event.

Have you tried assigning the button to another event that requires a push and release to see if it works?  Maybe the brakes in the aircraft?

Hi Dave, 

Many thanks for the suggestion; have tried alternative assignment and press and release is working just fine. 

I use SPAD to control it (only reliable way of doing so). Could that be an issue? Button is unassigned in SPAD. 

Many thanks

I assume P2A is running on the same PC that the Saitek Yoke is attached to.  I don't know how SPAD works internally, but it may interfere with direct assignments....just don't know.

One thing you could try is have SPAD assign the Yoke Button to a key press and release and then set the PTT HotKey in P2A to that key and remove the button assignment in P2A.

Dave

Hi Dave, 

Found a workaround; assigned a spare key to the button in FSUIPC, then assigned that key in P2ATC and it works a charm. Still no clue what the direct issue is or was, but am sorted.