Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Stil getting horrible FPS with 4.4 on a good PC..

Hi,

I'm using P3dV4 with addons like PMDG 737, Orbx NA, OpenCL, SC, Rex4, UTL and GSX on FSdreamteam&sim city x KLAX but I'm getting very low FPS(0-20fps) because of the load my CPU is getting.

My system is gtx 1080, i7 coffelake, 16gb ddr4. I tried lowest to ultra settings and that didn't work.. Other major cities anc airports I usually get 20-30FPS on high settings which is still pretty BAD considering the addons isn't that heavy on the scenery..

I then updated to 4.4 with clean install meaning not a single addon installed, completely fresh P3D 4.4 and I was getting about 20-30fps with a default f22 raptor on active runway in KLAX with half cloud half sun weather..

Note: I also removed SoCal as they suggested with fsdt klax but that didn't make any difference

Any idea's?

4 minutes ago, SimonC said:

What CPU, like exactly?

Intel Core i7 8700

edit: When there isn't much load, the only core that is on 100% is core 0 all the others are 50% when load hits it's all 100% and after that it just CTD.

Edited by mustiej

Hello mustiej 

As part of the clean Install, did you remove the Prepar3D generated files ?  As seen from This Post,  This will give you a solid base to test your new Install,  Basically it removes any .cfg leftover files from previous settings and Add Ons. 

Note:  Removing these files now will disable all your Add Ons. 

------------------------

The video link below is just a very basic step you can try to help eliminate clutter,  It will not effect your Add Ons. 

You will find additional Information in the comments below the video 

Regenerating the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder, The Shaders folder, The Prepar3D.cfg file 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimonC said:

So it's a 3,2Ghz CPU, with a Turbo up to 4,6Ghz.

I think this is the important information.  Did the OP enable Turbo Boost (normally done by setting the BIOS to Optimal Defaults).  So, if he is running P3D at 3.2GHz, that will obviously give him FPS below 30.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

16 minutes ago, mustiej said:

Intel Core i7 8700

edit: When there isn't much load, the only core that is on 100% is core 0 all the others are 50% when load hits it's all 100% and after that it just CTD.

Are you sure? Please check what I wrote above - see with CPU-Z if your running 3,2 or 4,6 Ghz at load. It will show you whether you have Turbo enabled or not.

It also seems very weird that you experience CTD when load rises.

What mainboard / RAM (exactly)? I have a strong feeling this is a hardware issue...

Edited by SimonC

I already did the uninstall&install instruction provided by LM, which also made me delete the folders as you instructed, I tried the generated files thing for the first time now, restarted the PC and made sure if CPU went to 4.6ghz and the results are:

Cpu goes to 4.3 ghz max but the loads are never 100% on other cores other then core 0. All temps etc are low.. 

The fps now is 20-40fps.. I don't get it why don't I get a higher FPS 😕

23 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Are you sure? Please check what I wrote above - see with CPU-Z if your running 3,2 or 4,6 Ghz at load. It will show you whether you have Turbo enabled or not.

It also seems very weird that you experience CTD when load rises.

What mainboard / RAM (exactly)? I have a strong feeling this is a hardware issue...

My CTD's happened with p3d v4.3 and all the addons installed previously; ORBX, Opencl, socal, fsdt klax, pmdg aircraft and traffic 100%.. When my cpu reaches 100% it loses fps and then, depends if I'm doing anything special in the game, CTD's. 

edit: 

RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 - 16 GB: 2 x 8 GB 3200 MHz

MOBO: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS

Before the summer I upgraded my PC with mobo, ram and cpu along with the necessary cooling etc.

Edited by mustiej

Did you hardware-test your components? Seems weird that your CPU reaches 100% and then suddenly CTDs...

Prime95, Cinebench, Mem-Test... I'd first do Prime95 for 3-4 hours and see if it can hold without errors. Monitoring heat would be prudent while doing that.

47 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello mustiej 

As part of the clean Install, did you remove the Prepar3D generated files ?  As seen from This Post,  This will give you a solid base to test your new Install,  Basically it removes any .cfg leftover files from previous settings and Add Ons. 

Note:  Removing these files now will disable all your Add Ons. 

------------------------

The video link below is just a very basic step you can try to help eliminate clutter,  It will not effect your Add Ons. 

You will find additional Information in the comments below the video 

Regenerating the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder, The Shaders folder, The Prepar3D.cfg file 

Have you tried what Elaine suggested?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yup, I tried every suggestion in this topic. 

The CTD's happened on the old install, obviously it doesn't happen now. I tried maxed settings along with different vsync settings but I just get very low fps. Like 10-30fps unstable. No load on my computer whatsoever except for the core 0 which is always on 100% now.. 

The new PC built which is a couple of months old now is already tested 24 hours on I believe Prime95..

I do have programs such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Office and Discord open but that shouldn't make a dent. 

edit: a bit more info, I use triple monitor setup with nvidia surround with p3d on windowed 1920x1080 resolution.. Playing on single monitor didn't make a difference either. 

What fps do you guys get at KLAX maxed settings with or without addons installed?

Edited by mustiej

Try again with all other programs closed and limit the fps in P3D to 30 as a test.

My guess is that Core 0 will no longer be at 100%.

It is normal for Core0 to carry the heavy load and the other cores will vary, depending on scenery loading requirements.  FPS set to Unlimited will let Core 0 run as fast as it can go..

Bert

6 minutes ago, mustiej said:

No load on my computer whatsoever except for the core 0 which is always on 100% now.. 

Erm, sorry. Am I misunderstanding this? You have a 100% CPU load on Core0 when *not* running P3D?