Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Stil getting horrible FPS with 4.4 on a good PC..

I'm not clear on something... is P3D only running on Core 0 and not on the other cores at all?  If it's on all cores but 100% on Core 9 then that is normal as mentioned above.

If you have any overclocking (CPU/GPU) then I would knock it back to default and try again, just to rule that out.  I would also wipe your video drivers and then install the latest ones and see if that makes a difference.

If you try the above with no success, then I would uninstall P3D, get rid of any remaining folders (save for the Documents folders), reboot, and reinstall.

Best wishes to get this resolved quickly!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello 

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your graphics driver ensuring to Tick the box for "Perform a clean Installation"  when you are prompted the option during the driver Install process ? 

You could also try DDU (Driver Display Uninstaller) to remove your old driver cleanly 

9 minutes ago, mustiej said:

What fps do you guys get at KLAX maxed settings with or without addons installed?

You really don't need such information. Each and every one of us uses a different components, computer, addon, configuration, settings etc. And I can fairly surely say that you can count people running maxed settings on one hand. And that maybe only for testing.

With your configuration you should *not* be running maxed settings. Delete prepar3d.cfg, delete shaders, load the default flight (Raptor) and what FPS do you see? (best set to 60-120, so that it does stay locked, but high)

I meant when running P3D, the game performances poorly with low FPS results but when I look at Hardware monitor or CPU Z nothing is on 100% load except for core 0.

All programs off and only P3D running doesn't make a difference, just tried it. 

Nvidia drivers up to date.

Edit: I'm going to try delete the files as suggested above. Be right back...

Edited by mustiej

7 minutes ago, mustiej said:

I meant when running P3D, the game performances poorly with low FPS results but when I look at Hardware monitor or CPU Z nothing is on 100% load except for core 0.

All programs off and only P3D running doesn't make a difference, just tried it. 

Nvidia drivers up to date.

11 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello 

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your graphics driver ensuring to Tick the box for "Perform a clean Installation"  when you are prompted the option during the driver Install process ? 

You could also try DDU (Driver Display Uninstaller) to remove your old driver cleanly 

Maybe first slow down and read better. The point is not up to date, but clean.

I would also suggest you go and check all your windows drivers, mainboard etc.

Yet, in the end, I am still not sure if there really is a problem.

Edited by SimonC

Your performance looks pretty nominal for your CPU.  I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but a non-K i7-8700 is not really a good CPU for P3D.  It's a 3.2GHz CPU that can turbo up as far as 4.6 as long as it stays within the TDP limits--but with a 65W TDP and six cores, the odds of turbo mode taking it anywhere near 4.6 GHz while staying within the TDP with all six cores loaded up are slim.  IOW, you're probably getting actual CPU speeds closer to 3.2 than 4.6 with P3D running.  That processor only has two-thirds the throughput of its unlocked cousin--the 8700K--running at 5.0 GHz.

One thing you can do is turn off hyperthreading if it's on.  That'll drop the load power and allow the CPU to speed up (some).

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Your performance looks pretty nominal for your CPU.  I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but a non-K i7-8700 is not really a good CPU for P3D.  It's a 3.2GHz CPU that can turbo up to 4.6--but it's also a 65W TDP non-K hexacore processor, so the odds of turbo mode taking it anywhere near 4.6 GHz while staying within the TDP with all six cores loaded up are slim.  That processor only has two-thirds the throughput of its unlocked cousin--the 8700K--running at 5.0 GHz.

Regards

So basically when I had these problems with FSX 10 years ago and left the flightsim scene for about 8 years and start going back in it with the new P3D V4, the low FPS CPU meme never died, huh? 🙂 

EDIT WITH A MAJOR TWIST:

I deleted the .cfg file, the shaders again and a mini prepar 3d v4 old duplicate folder that was on my SSD C drive instead of my original directory on the HDD second drive for some reason but the content inside of it wasn't that big(not even 1gb) and now my p3d launched instantly into the game, choose a scenario and it took only ~10 seconds to get into KLAX fully loaded with 200fps.. 

What the helll 😮

Edited by mustiej

2 minutes ago, mustiej said:

So basically when I had these problems with FSX 10 years ago and left the flightsim scene for about 8 years and start going back in it with the new P3D V4, the low FPS CPU meme never died, huh? 🙂 

EDIT WITH A MAJOR TWIST:

I deleted the .cfg file, the shaders again and a mini prepar 3d v4 old duplicate folder that was on my SSD C drive instead of my original directory on the HDD second drive for some reason but the content inside of it wasn't that big(not even 1gb) and now my p3d launched instantly into the game, choose a scenario and it took only ~10 seconds to get into KLAX fully loaded with 200fps.. 

What the helll 😮

Maybe in incompatible addon for P3DV4.4? 

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you're up and running.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Maybe in incompatible addon for P3DV4.4? 

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you're up and running.

Best wishes.

I wish I had your positive thinking.

I only think about how we said for like x-th time to delete everything. *sigh*

I spoke too soon, I forgot about the default graphic settings. I maxed out on everything and I get the same results.. 20fps unstable. I'm just going to setting tweak my P3D since with the medium/high setting it put me in I was getting 200 fps.

2 minutes ago, SimonC said:

I wish I had your positive thinking.

I only think about how we said for like x-th time to delete everything. *sigh*

That is something I already did about 10 times. With the old installation and with the new in combination with and without the addons.

2 minutes ago, mustiej said:

So basically when I had these problems with FSX 10 years ago and left the flightsim scene for about 8 years and start going back in it with the new P3D V4, the low FPS CPU meme never died, huh?

The ESP engine that underlies both FSX and P3D has always depended heavily on maximum effort from the main thread--the faster that runs, the better your odds of high FPS.

But...if you pull you sliders back and reduce your screen resolution to what would have been considered high-end ten years ago, you'll see some real improvement in frame rates.  As fast as the hardware increased throughput, the software was gilded with new features that need all that power and more.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 minutes ago, mustiej said:

I spoke too soon, I forgot about the default graphic settings. I maxed out on everything and I get the same results.. 20fps unstable. I'm just going to setting tweak my P3D since with the medium/high setting it put me in I was getting 200 fps.

Why in the world would you max out your settings?  Nobody does this, and that is what you can expect if you max them out.

If you are going to run that way, then you really shouldn't write about problems here... there are lots of people who will then expend a LOT of their time (taking it away from other things) because we want to help people with real problems... your issue is 100% completely self induced.

I'm outta here.

• Like 7

Dave Hodges

Just now, w6kd said:

The ESP engine that underlies both FSX and P3D has always depended heavily on maximum effort from the main thread--the faster that runs, the better your odds of high FPS.

But...if you pull you sliders back and reduce your screen resolution to what would have been considered high-end ten years ago, you'll see some real improvement in frame rates.  As fast as the hardware increased throughput, the software was gilded with new features that need all that power and more.

Regards

Yes, that is indeed true. I may just have to tweak this into getting a bit more 30fps stable. It's atleast a much better performance compared to my old installation. But then again let's see how it's going to perform with all the addons installed. I'll update you guys later tomorrow! Thanks for all the input!!!!!

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Why in the world would you max out your settings?  Nobody does this, and that is what you can expect if you max them out.

If you are going to run that way, then you really shouldn't write about problems here... there are lots of people who will then expend a LOT of their time (taking it away from other things) because we want to help people with real problems... your issue is 100% completely self induced.

I'm outta here.

I did that so I could stress my machine into 100% load to see if it would CTD again.. I never played on maxed settings. Thanks for you negative assumption.